My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

How To View Followers Posts in mobile "My Business"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, I'm a bit confused.

(1) I used to be able to manage my G+ Business Page on the G+ mobile app on my iPhone. Now I can't and have been advised that I can do this from a mobile app called "My Business."

(2) Apparently, I can post on "My Business." However, I am not able to view and share my Follower's posts on this new mobile app.

How do I do this? Or am I only able to do this on desktop?

Thank you,

Brian Johns

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How To View Followers Posts in mobile "My Business"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,
You can manage your business from the Google My Business App, this is correct. You can view and share posts from your business followers here: https://www.google.com/business/manage.html

Hope this helps,
Krystina

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I don't think this answers the question many of us have. My Google+ Page that is affiliated with my YouTube channel was very active with followers and in related communities. We can no longer see their posts or streams to make comments and drive engagement to our own pages which would drive follows and therefore views to our YouTube channels through new followers we gained by our posts in communities. My Business is basically a stats page and ability to edit and respond to our own posts, but we've lost all ability to engage with our followers' posts or in communities via our Mobile devices.

My page in particular was created to pull my hobby posts into a separate group than my personal profile, but I still used it like a personal profile and not like a big brand. I watch and comment on followers posts to their feeds. I'm not only interested in engagement on my own feed - which is all that is accessible from the My Business app. This wasn't the case with the old Google+ App. If I wouldn't have to restart my YouTube channel and lose all the momentum I'm building there, I'd restart my entire profile as a personal account that has access to all of Google+.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Would you mind sharing the links to the profiles or pages you're referring to? You shouldn't have lost the ability to engage with followers.

I'm not sure if any of these help topics will help you.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4601325?hl=en

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038166?hl=en&ref_topic=6001262

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Here is the link to my page: https://plus.google.com/b/108221955374632758263/+CCxRC_Team/posts
I'm not sure that it will help because it has to do with the lack of features in the app. I can still post and see stats on my posts through the My Business app, but I used Google+ for way more than that. I used the "Streams" and "Communities" that were under the menu to view what my followers were doing and comment on their post. The My Business app is only about my posts and engagement on them.

Honestly, I don't need to edit my page from my phone as much as I need to see what followers are posting to their own Google+ channel. My business isn't typical Brick and Mortar or Items for Sale, but it is based on community that drives a YouTube channel. I need to engage like a regular Google Plus account, but most of those features were recently stripped from us when we lost the ability to use the Google+ app for our G+ Pages. It's like they lumped every G+ page into one category of user's needs and stripped all the other features that many of us used. I'm the one being vocal about it on here, but on my feeds there are many who have lost the ability to interact using their mobile devices. We post to our feeds, but spend most of our time looking at everyone else's and commenting...basically being the community that we thought Google+ was trying to create. Now because we followed the instructions of making these Pages instead of personal accounts, we are limited on our accessibility to community. Many of the core "business" pages are not your big brands, we are small pages who actually engage in the lives of those we follow. We used to do it more frequently when we could use our mobile devices. Now we have to use our computers to get the full access. It is even trickier for us to use Google Hangouts on the computer to do OnAir YouTube hangout sessions about our specific topics for the communities. It's frustrating to say the least. If I didn't have an actively growing YouTube channel, I'd ditch the "Pages" and just make a personal account that is for my RC hobby.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Tony C

It's definitely frustrating and I completely understand your concerns and issues. Unfortunately there's not a great deal I can offer to help with this, other than to recommend you leave feedback via the Google+ feedback link (Left hand side menu in both the desktop and the app).

That is the official way to leave feedback on all Google+ related issues, and although you won't get a response all feedback is collated and looked at.

If you know of other people who are also frustrated and would like to offer feedback, please ask them to do so as well :)

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Priya,
I will use the feedback link.
-Tony

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, this particular mobile app is useless. There is absolutely no ability to engage with my followers. I am not able to view their posts which means that I cannot +1, comment or share their posts on this mobile app. As it stands, I cannot engage my followers through my Business Page either through this app or the G+ mobile app.

I can only engage my Business page followers on the desktop. Did Google not think through this?

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

It appears to be somewhat of a work in progress @Brian J :)

I highly recommend leaving feedback (via the option under the hamburger menu in the app or the left hand side menu on desktop) - there's been a lot of changes already to the new G+ based on feedback so it is definitely worth doing.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog