Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Hijacked GMB Photo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We manage a listing for a client that has had their GMB photo hi-jacked by a similarly named organization.

Screen Shot 2016-10-06 at 12.37.55 AM.png

Their Logo is not the one shown and yes it's uploaded to the GMB listing. This is their correct logo:

columbus-georgia-churches-1.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Hijacked GMB Photo

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Tulsa

This could be a hijacking or it could also be Google getting confused. 

If you don't want that image displaying, the best thing to do is report it.

The image you're talking about isn't showing all the time;  as you can see below I get a different image.

If you get the other church  logo displaying on the search results page, you can fix it by:

Click the feedback button at the bottom of the knowledge graph display.  When you do, a little pencil icon will appear over the image.

Click the pencil and you'll then get a pop-up box that asks what's wrong with the image.

Explain it's for another church in another location and press send.

If the other church logo is not in the Knowledge Graph next time you look, it's still likely in the images associated to the listing.   Click  "see photos" and the screen will change to a full-screen display with a single image on the right, and all the images down the left. Scroll through these images until you find one(s) not relevant to you.
Click on that image and it will appear on the right side of the display.

In the upper right hand corner you'll see a little flag, and when you hover over it, it'll say "report a problem"

Click on the flag and the screen will change again to a longer form where you can select "This photo is irrelevant to this business" and enter an email address.  It will be helpful if the email address is the same domain as the churches domain. For example "info @ vitalchurchcolumbus.com

HTH

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog