1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Health care provider reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A health care provider has a location seeing psychiatric patients and has gotten some poor reviews disagreeing with care - the provider deems unfair as they are stemming from people with mental illness in different degrees. 

Are there any policies to protect health care providers in this instance or recommendations from the community on how to proceed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am dealing with this too.  However, I am more concerned that my patient's posting reviews is also putting their full name and information on the internet.  I don't know if this is a liability issue as it does identify them as mental health patients.  I provide court ordered assessments, and I'm sure more than once I will have clients unhappy.

Is the only answer to delete my business altogether?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It can be helpful to reach out to reviewers and offer to resolve their concerns. As a professional the practioner is in the best position to create repair. What the reviewer wants is to be heard and seen. They are feeling powerless. They need to experience genuine concern for their welfare. A phone call offering to address their complaints would be a caring gesture. 

A small investment of time and compassion may inspire them to revise their comments.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

First, not applicable for a therapist to contact a client about a review when that person has expressed not wanting contact. This process was attempted prior to the rating.

Second, this person isn't even the client I provided services for. I've never met them except by phone. I provided services in tandem with another professional and I worked with the male spouse. The review was left by the wife, who sees my partner. 

I've flagged it & no contact from google. I guess I go back to my question if I need to remove my listing altogether to prevent this liability and/or attempts at slander by upset mental health clients.

Re: Health care provider reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can appreciate that efforts were made. If a therapist has a good reputation and builds rapport with clients then a negative review should not have an impact.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can appreciate that efforts were made. If a therapist has a good reputation and builds rapport with clients then a negative review should not have an impact.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not provide services to the reviewer. I treated her husband and her review is retaliation as the result was divorce. So the review is false and it's a mental health client with their name out there.  

I'm puzzled by your response. Of course reviews matter - if not why would we even bother advertising?? This is a fraudulent review, I hear you saying there is no recourse.

How do I get rid of the listing altogether? If Google will not work with me then I have to get rid of it. I'm legally liable per HIPPA.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The only way to get rid of it is to make peace with the person who posted.
That is why I suggested communication. How are you liable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The only way to get rid of it is to make peace with the person who posted.
That is why I suggested communication. How are you liable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a mental health therapist and I cannot legally contact the spouse of a client; breaks confidentiality. I cannot tell him his wife did this. Therapists are bound by the same confidentiality laws as doctors.

In this matter there is an unstable spouse of my client, using her legal name to review me. I am liable under malpractice insurance to protect confidentiality - even though I didn't do it I'm responsible. All other sites used to rate healthcare providers force pseudonyms for this reason.

How do I remove the google business listing - not sure how it showed up anyways. Is there a link to delete it? There are other ways prospective clients can find me without jeopardizing confidentiality.