AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Hateful review from someone ive never done business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did a review for a automotive business that overcharged and caused more problems than they fixed. After searching my name he found my business and left a review because I sued him. I was unable to get him served and so was unable to complete the judicial process. Apparently, he Googled my name and found my business. He stated that I frivolously attempted to sue him and we were terrible people for trying to do that. His statement made it obvious he had never done business with my company. Minutes after his review his teenage son followed up with a one word review showing the character of these people. 

Google means everything for my business. We have become hugely popular thanks to Google and our loyal customers. I have contacted Google about this but did not feel much better after speaking to the foreigner who I spoke with. I was told Id be contacted in 24-48 hours. Im hoping for the best but what if any rout can I take if this doesnt work. When I flagged it, the four choices werent appropriate for the situation...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott D
November 2015

Re: Hateful review from someone ive never done business with

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Scott,

I found the 2 reviews you're referring to. I'll escalate this to Google. It does appear obvious that the first one is not from someone who has actually done business with you so I'm hoping they'll remove it.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Scott,

That sounds terrible :( Can you list a link to your business listing that has the review?

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It's under DuVall Painting and Repairs Sent from my iPhone

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Im sorry. On Google business listing in Columbia sc
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Scott D
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Scott,

I found the 2 reviews you're referring to. I'll escalate this to Google. It does appear obvious that the first one is not from someone who has actually done business with you so I'm hoping they'll remove it.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Joy,

Thank you for even responding. You are such a big help! I work my butt off with my mind on Google almost everyday to make sure I make my customers satisfied. Its not easy to do that with all people as it is. Especially if its just downright mean people just trying to use Google to hurt someone. Not sure if this even matters but the other person with the one word review can be found on that mans wifes Facebook account as her son. We knew that because they were all in the shop together alot this summer when we were trying to do business with them...

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Scott,

Google got back to me and they're investigating at the moment so hopefully it's removed soon.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I really can't thank you enough for taking the time to help me. I want you to know that I really do appreciate you Sent from my iPhone

Hateful review from someone ive never done business with

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Joy,

Hope can assist me. I got a 3 star review from a non-client named Lillian Knight. Please view here: https://goo.gl/wG2CNz.

You can read my reply under Ms. Knight's review.

Other details follow showing my request to remove to Google My Business. It was not approved.  Please, can you help me?

------------------- Begin submission to Google Support ---------

Please remove the factually erroneous review from Lillian Knight.

Ms. Knight Comments on her purchase of a MOUSE PAD at a “STORE”. Ms. Knight mentions someone named Ted twice.

My business DOES NOT sell mouse pads. We do not do business from a store or storefront, but from an office as a computer repair and computer consultant operation clients visit. I founded the business in 1991. There has never been anyone named Ted who worked for me.

We have no business or other record of Ms. Knight. No one has ever seen or knows her at No Sweat !!! Computer Consultants. Her picture on the review does not match any of our clients.

Ms. Knight's review is CLEARLY erroneous. She is reviewing some other business located elsewhere. Therefore, I request her review be immediately removed. Thanks in advance.

--------End submission to Google Support -----------------

This is the second lower than 5 star review I've gotten from a non-client. The review words are OK but the star rank is 4 or 3 stars. 

Right now, the Lillian Knight review is the one that must be removed.

So Joy, what can you or I do?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Carlos

No Sweat !!! Computer Consultants

(310) 392-4840

Santa Monica, CA 90405

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Jack B

This thread is old. Please post a new thread and list the details of your business (name, address, phone number, website) and someone can assist you.

I'm going to lock this thread to new replies.

Owner of Sterling Sky