1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Grey drop down under listings for Lt. Gov of VA shows wrong Lt. Gov

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is very embarrassing for both Google and the Lt. Governor.of Virginia when you search for the Lt. Governor of Virginia, who is currently Ralph Northam, and results show the words Bill Bolling (the previous Lt. Gov.) under each search result with a drop down arrow that displays part of Bill Bolling's Wikipedia page .

I have requested multiple recrawls of the lt. gov. site and this drop down never updates.   How can I get this to be updated to the correct current Lt. Gov?

HELP! 

Thank you,

JME 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Grey drop down under listings for Lt. Gov of VA shows wrong Lt. Go

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This happens outside of the Local team but I will elevate so they can see if the search team can fix it.

Hmm upon reflection when I search on Lt. Governor of Virginia, I am getting Ralph Northam as the result.. Isn't he the current LG?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I am in Virginia at the moment and also see RalphLt. Governor of Virginia   Google Search.png

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please note the screen print below. Each search result link has Bill Bolling link underneath it: [cid:image002.png@01D12693.D2C15A70] Julie Eberheim Julie Eberheim Web Developer Internal Technology Services, Portal and Web Development Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) VITA - Powering the commonwealth's digital government Office: 804-416-7252 VITA Customer Care Center - Call (866) 637-8482 (toll free) to report an outage or request service. Or e-mail the VCCC at vccc@vita.virginia.gov. Please note: E-mail should not be used to report critical issues or outages impacting an agency. To report a critical issue, please call the VCCC directly

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Juliann,

The screenshot did not come through.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Let me try this way to show you a listing result: See Bill Bolling below the title? This is a drop down that displays a mini bio of Mr. Bolling. This shows on all of our listing results and what I need to get updated either to be removed or changed to Northam?s Wikipedia short bio. Commonwealth of Virginia - Office of the Lieutenant Governorwww.ltgov.virginia.gov/Bill Bolling Through legislative initiatives and the Boards, Commissions and Task Forces on which he serves, the Lieutenant Governor works to strengthen Virginia's ... ?Lieutenant Governor Ralph S ... - ?Contact Us - ?Staff Bios - ?Lt. Governor Calendar Julie Eberheim Julie Eberheim Web Developer Internal Technology Services, Portal and Web Development Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) VITA ? Powering the commonwealth?s digital government Office: 804-416-7252 VITA Customer Care Center - Call (866) 637-8482 (toll free) to report an outage or request service. Or e-mail the VCCC at vccc@vita.virginia.gov. Please note: E-mail should not be used to report critical issues or outages impacting an agency. To report a critical issue, please call the VCCC directly
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hey Juliann,

I see what you are referring to. I would suggest you post over on the Google Search forum since this is unrelated to Google My Business.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/websearch

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. Your forum came up as I was searching for an answer. I will post on the other forum. Julie Eberheim Julie Eberheim Web Developer Internal Technology Services, Portal and Web Development Virginia Information Technologies Agency (VITA) VITA - Powering the commonwealth's digital government Office: 804-416-7252 VITA Customer Care Center - Call (866) 637-8482 (toll free) to report an outage or request service. Or e-mail the VCCC at vccc@vita.virginia.gov. Please note: E-mail should not be used to report critical issues or outages impacting an agency. To report a critical issue, please call the VCCC directly