AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google search issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi.

I have a issue with my business when trying to do a search of it. The name of the business is TNDNCY, but when i search it on Google, even though i have a google my business profile, and related search things like website, published music etc. it shows results for tendency.

If people are searching for my name then they don't get the right results. Is there a way for me to change this?

Hope you can help me :)

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mads C
January

Re: Google search issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mads C

This is an authority issue, where google is unsure what the searcher is specifically looking for.  This is clearly displayed by Google saying, "did you mean: Tendency"

Until you have your Website at Position 1 for your business name ( all i can find is social channels ) and Google understanding the connection between your website and business listing, you wont be appearing in the knowledge panel.

This checklist may be useful:

http://onlineownership.com/get-knowledge-panel-show-business-name-search/

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mads C
January

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mads C

This is an authority issue, where google is unsure what the searcher is specifically looking for.  This is clearly displayed by Google saying, "did you mean: Tendency"

Until you have your Website at Position 1 for your business name ( all i can find is social channels ) and Google understanding the connection between your website and business listing, you wont be appearing in the knowledge panel.

This checklist may be useful:

http://onlineownership.com/get-knowledge-panel-show-business-name-search/

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google search issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply :)! So SEO should help remove this for me? What about having wikipedia page, linkbuilding etc :)?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Mads C

Authority is the answer to Google understanding what people are looking for when they search it specifically. Think of it as Brand Building.

I doubt you would qualify for a wiki page, but you could try for sure. I would say build your content in such a way that you become the authority in your field, people come to you for information, then you will start ranking for your own Brand and more people searching for you as a Brand name.

Google search issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cool, thanks for getting back :)! Will definitely look into this, when all the stuff for the website is done. (now it is just a testpage, which is probably why it is ranked below the others)

Regarding Wiki, i have to look into this. I have released a lot of music the past 5 years (not under the TNDNCY name though, only 1 track so far), and i have played at a lot of big festivals across europe, made content for events, own events and lots more :). Maybe it can be put under there, i don't know yet. Haven't done research :).

Anyway. Have a great weekend Tim, thanks again.