AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google reviews link works sporadically

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted the same question in another forum - marked it as solved - but turns out it wasn't solved - so here I am again.

I have a verified by google business and had my review link working just fine for weeks and weeks, then suddenly, the popup stopped coming up - the redirect still worked - but no more popup. Then I posted my question on the forum - 2 days later it just started working again - next day it stopped again.

This is my link I use: http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJyVG9b2L_V0sR9nVX4edhNMw

I have had to change the link on my website to redirect to trustPilot instead until I get this figured out. Any help is much appreciated.

Using the placefinderID app from google I can still search for my business and it appears in the search bar (as long as my hometown is visible on the map itself) - I've double checked my url link and it's good. I've never changed it - it always worked, then stopped, then started back up, and now stopped again.

THANKS!!

ReHome Inspections

5440 Granville Rd

Granville Ferry, NS

B0S 1K0

rehomeinspections.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update: there is a google review link generator some built (https://supple.com.au/tools/google-review-link-generator/) which is pretty cool - and my business (ReHome Inspections) shows up and it generates a link - but same thing - redirect works fine but the popup will not come up to actually leave the review...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Google reviews link works sporadically

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Philipp S

this discrepance for the review link on desktop and Mobile is interesting and I can replicate the same behavior on my end

I therefore have escalated it to Google

for my own reference only:

Regarding "Google reviews link works sporadically"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Helmut!