3.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google reviews link works sporadically

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted the same question in another forum - marked it as solved - but turns out it wasn't solved - so here I am again.

I have a verified by google business and had my review link working just fine for weeks and weeks, then suddenly, the popup stopped coming up - the redirect still worked - but no more popup. Then I posted my question on the forum - 2 days later it just started working again - next day it stopped again.

This is my link I use: http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=ChIJyVG9b2L_V0sR9nVX4edhNMw

I have had to change the link on my website to redirect to trustPilot instead until I get this figured out. Any help is much appreciated.

Using the placefinderID app from google I can still search for my business and it appears in the search bar (as long as my hometown is visible on the map itself) - I've double checked my url link and it's good. I've never changed it - it always worked, then stopped, then started back up, and now stopped again.

THANKS!!

ReHome Inspections

5440 Granville Rd

Granville Ferry, NS

B0S 1K0

rehomeinspections.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Update: there is a google review link generator some built (https://supple.com.au/tools/google-review-link-generator/) which is pretty cool - and my business (ReHome Inspections) shows up and it generates a link - but same thing - redirect works fine but the popup will not come up to actually leave the review...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Google reviews link works sporadically

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Philipp S

this discrepance for the review link on desktop and Mobile is interesting and I can replicate the same behavior on my end

I therefore have escalated it to Google

for my own reference only:

Regarding "Google reviews link works sporadically"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you, Helmut!