3.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google reviews isn't showing my review

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I inserted a review for a company via google reviews on the search page. When i log out the review doesn't show up at all and is not able to be noticed. However, when i log in it shows the review. Any reason why it is only showing up for me?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google reviews isn't showing my review

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It is likely that your review got filtered or removed for violating Google's review policies. Based on cases I've looked at, here is what I've come up with for reasons why reviews go missing:

• URLs in reviews

• The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)

• The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page

• The person who wrote the review works for you

• The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing

• The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews

• The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)

• You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame

• The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)

• The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.

• You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you

• You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location

• You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.

• Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If this happens, is there a way to get the review published?

I'd really like to share a review, but none of them show up. I'm not an overly active G+ user yet, but am very active with the email system.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I use both G+ and Google reviews regularly. One company i reviewed has an abnormally high number of 5 stars. My review was 5 as well but a friend of mine reviews then as 2. Neither of our reviews were posted. Is there any recourse to find out why our reviews are not posted? It almost seems as if the business is removing less than flattering reviews.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey @William W

Businesses can't remove any reviews.

The only option is flagging them to Google as in appropriate and I frankly almost never have seen a review taken down by Google just because of its rating.

The main reason for reviews not showing up is getting them filtered by algos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great info....Thanks for the input....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same Issue with my page. Google not showing my google page 7tutors.in website is also in the name of www.7tutors.in even after writing reviews it doesn't show but other person whose business is showing at multiple locations showing on top actually don't have at that place.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Dheeraj k

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Mr. Hawkins,

I hope you don't mind my writing as it seems that you are an expert at Google Reviews and them suddenly disappearing.

I have a verified google my business, Chris Whalen, CPA, with a website shown as chriswhalencpa.com. Recently I revamped my website, including a testimonials / reviews page and I wanted to mirror my google reviews there as well. I was told that having a verified business with google, reflecting the correct website, would stop google from believing there were duplicate reviews out there and so stop them from removing the duplicates on Google..

But in the past 3 day since launch, 14 of my reviews have been removed, 116 down to 102. Am I correct to think that this should not have happened? Having a verified business on Google My Business?

Thanks so much for your time. I realize this is probably a great inconvience.

Google reviews isn't showing my review

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

my review doesn't show on google