Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google review stars not showing under business name on search results page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Please help. Our google star reviews are not showing up under our business name. We have tested it with multiple computers and the results are the same.

See SERP here.

Great Lakes Science Center

601 Erieside Avenue

Cleveland, Ohio 44114 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
6d

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

I think some of the categories you chose for your listing prevent the stars from showing in your Knowledge Panel. 

Educational institutions generally do not display rating stars in KPs (although they are still visible in local packs and on Google Maps), and it looks like one of your secondary GMB categories is "Education Center". 

If you want to try getting the stars to show in your local knowledge panel, try removing all education-related categories, and hopefully Google will pick it up and start showing your rating stars. 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Great Lakes S - This is just a standard update from Google algorithm; for some GMB they are being displayed lower in the knowledge panel.  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by JoyHawkins (Top Contributor)
6d

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi, 

I think some of the categories you chose for your listing prevent the stars from showing in your Knowledge Panel. 

Educational institutions generally do not display rating stars in KPs (although they are still visible in local packs and on Google Maps), and it looks like one of your secondary GMB categories is "Education Center". 

If you want to try getting the stars to show in your local knowledge panel, try removing all education-related categories, and hopefully Google will pick it up and start showing your rating stars. 

Re: Google review stars not showing under business name on search results page

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Sergey A are you not seeing the stars being displayed at all in this case, I'm showing them as just being lowered in the KP.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Nathan D

SERP Knowledge Panels do not generally display stars for educational institutions: 

kp.JPG

Google Maps display stars at the top and closer to the bottom: 

stars1.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@Sergey A - can you show me a link regarding Educational institutions generally do not display rating stars in KPs. 

I checked some other similar museums and it looks like their category is 'science museum' only.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@Nathan D 

Unfortunately, I don't have a link to share. But try searching for a university / school. Chances are, their KP is going to be very similar to the poster's. 

Museums that do not add Educational categories in GMB usually have review stars in their KP. Example: 

osc.JPG

Here are some of the categories Great Lakes Science Center has: 

ec.JPG

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Okay, I thought there was a write-up I might've missed that's all. Thanks @Sergey A

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I can confirm what @Sergey A states, although there is no "official" info from Google on this that I could find.  But I could confirm that it is related to category by looking at businesses that are essentially the "same thing" but have been set up with different categories and looking at their Knowledge Panels.

Denver Botanic Gardens has various "centers" and facilities around Denver.  The garden itself is categorized as a "botanic garden" but the Denver Botanic Gardens: Morrison Discovery Center does NOT show stars as it's categorized as a "education center"

You can also see it if you look at Day Care Centers, some are classified as "Education Centers" as well as "Day Care Centers" and those don't show stars at the top either.

edctr.pngnoedctr.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your replies. We prefer the review stars to show up right under the name of the center rather than lower in the KP. Is it possible to remove "Education Center" from our categories in order to change position the stars display?