My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google my business/local map search rankings makes no sense!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This question is basically concerning the local map search on google or three pack as I've heard it called. Basically when are service area businesses gonna truly benefit from this and why are businesses with better and more reviews not showing up. I have a service area business and one of the near by areas(colonial heights va) I'm trying to show up for on the three pack. I have it list on my my business profile that I service that area, I have colonial heights on my website and so on I've done a great deal of what I've read on how to show up here but nothing. My business has the best ratings around 5 stars and the most reviews in some cases but I don't show up when people search in Colonial Heights VA...... even if I do a filtered search with 4plus stars or top rated I show up almost at the bottom of the page and again businesses with lower and less reviews show up at the top, some are not even located in Colonial Heights VA either.... so what's going on, does Google not want searchers to see the best rated business servicing that area? Or am I doing something wrong? Because giving a 3 star rated business with 10 reviews ranking over a 5 star rated business with 20 reviews just seems stupid to me........?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google my business/local map search rankings makes no sense!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Robert C

Without a link I cant really provide any insight, but check out Ranking factors for  a Google business page

If your website is not organically ranking for that search term between position 1- 5, then it is highly unlikely to appear within the local pack.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Google my business/local map search rankings makes no sense!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply @Tim Capper. Is that a pretty good rule of thumb when it concerns ranking within the Google local map 3 pack. Between 1-5 ranking to show on the 3 pack? Because I'm told so many different things it's frustrating. Some say you have to optimize your Google Plus profile and then others say there's nothing you can do because your address is not in that location and you're screwed. so, if I want to rank within the map 3 pack my focus should be on increasing my page rank for that keyword aleast between position 1 and 5... right

Re: Google my business/local map search rankings makes no sense!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Robert C

Yes, concentrate on increasing your Organic position of your website.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership