Guide Me
star_border

Google maps search lising rival company 10 miles from me but not me

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have a question that possibly has a simple answer but I can't figure it out.

If I search for "First Aid Training Pontypridd" then all rival companies show up in Google search and Google maps but not mine (the only one in Pontypridd)

I thought it must be the categories that I selected but I cant see any category for "First Aid" and my main rival company appears to have selected "Training Provider" as I have.

My company does not even show in the map searches although I see it on the map.

My company name is "Future Training & Consulting LTD" It's not a new website or a new google listing.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards,

Gus

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google maps search lising rival company 10 miles from me but not me

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gus H

The fact that you appear for Training Provider in Pontypridd

Training Provider in Pontypridd   Google Search.png

But not for First Aid, tells me that Google does not understand what you do, as in First Aid.

Firstly I would add a proper tag line and description to the Google+ part of the page >> https://aboutme.google.com

The rest takes time to build up authority:

Boost your local SEO

The first thing I would do, is take a step back and correct all your pages <titles>, meta descriptions and wow, don't spam keywords ( no more then 3, if you want to use, but Google ignores these )

Title: 60 characters

Desc: 160 characters

There is no structure and they certainly do not read well in search results.

<title>First Aid, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety Training, Social Care, Primary Care, Dental, Conflict Management Courses | Future Training &amp; Consulting LTD, Pontypridd, Merthyr Tydfill, Aberdare, Cardiff, Swansea, Wales</title>

<meta name="keywords" content="first aid, social care, primary healthcare, leadership and management, conflict management, health and safety, manual handling, fire safety, food hygiene, food safety, future training, future training and consulting, training courses, training, south wales, courses, Pontypridd, Merthyr Tydfil, Aberdare, Cardiff, Gloucestershire, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Pat testing, electrical testing" />

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the advice Tim.

I will take a look at the points you highlighted.

Regards,

Gus

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Closing this thread off now. If you have a similar issue, please create your own thread and list all the relevant details

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership