Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Kobo by Sushiko

2. 5455 Wisconsin Avenue Chevy Chase, MD 20815

3. (301) 961-1644

4. We don't have one - that is the purpose of this message

5. www.kobo-sushiko.com

how do we get a google maps listing to show up when we google Kobo? 

Thanks,

gabriella

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google maps location

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

To rephrase your question it sounds like you are trying to figure out how to create a Google My Business Listing so you show up on Google Maps? Or is it why does a listing that was created not show up?

Doing a google search on the address this came up.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Sushiko+Chevy+Chase/@38.9624123,-77.0885836,17z/data=!4m13!1m7!3m6...

It looks like someone set up a listing and a google my business website listed in the menu line.  The company name listed would probably be considered spam since it is "Sushiko Chevy Chase" trying to take advantage of an area name, not the real restaurant name. 

If you do a google search for (301) 961-1644 the listing comes up so you can see there is name confusion.

Now you can find the listing by the link above or by the search by phone number.

Based on your question I assume you did not create the listing. Have you checked with the company that did your site or any others that may have done search optimization for you that would have the username and password to manage the listing?

If you can not get in to manage the listing by finding the login credentials and change the name you will have to follow below. If you do not change the name people will never know to search for it under the other name with chevy chase in it. 

If not you will have to go through the process of claiming the listing. this is a link that I think fits your situation of a listing you want to claim

On all your websites be consistent with name address and phone number everyplace or it will create confusion and loss of ranking even directories you may be in.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |