Guide Me
star_border

Google lists 3 lines from 1 bad review in knowledge panel

A D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
A D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I manage a website and google presence for a client. They received a bad review (unjustified) but my question is this; When I search for their company in google, in the google knowledge panel, it brings up 3 lines from that one bad review. This company also has good reviews but the only thing google lists are 3 points and all from the 1 bad review. It looks like there are 3 bad reviews but google has taken 3 lines from the one review and displayed them. That seems a little unfair to me. Is there any way to get maybe 2 of them removed or at least have google list a couple lines from the good reviews also?  I would post a picture but for some reason it won't accept my jpeg or png.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author A D
August 2016

Re: Google lists 3 lines from 1 bad review in knowledge panel

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@A D

Unfortunately, this is algorithmic and cannot be changed manually. As new reviews come in, the likelihood of it changing increases.  I was able to find what you are talking about.  The reason this happened is most likely due to the fact the one negative review you have is so long compared to the other two that are positive.  The three snippets in your knowledge graph do have the same "D" icon, so it does appear to be from one person and not three.

It is okay to ask clients for a review, so you might want to ask your client about recent clients they have had that have had a good experience. You then might ask that client for a review with as much detail as possible, and explain why.  Just to cover the bases here, I implore you not create a fake one. It's just not worth it in the long run.

As for the error you got posting the screenshot, let me give you a tip for the future.  Once you get the error message, simply click post again, and it will go through and post.  This forum can act a little quirky at times, and I've had the same issue you've experienced. Clicking post again when the error message appears makes it go through every time.

Overall I would not be too concerned with this. The snippets that are currently pulled are somewhat vague, and anyone that clicks through to see the entire thing will see the two positive ones.  I know it feels unfair. The best you can do is continue to provide good service so that future clients are inclined to leave a positive one. You can't please everyone, and most consumers understand this.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author A D
August 2016

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@A D

Unfortunately, this is algorithmic and cannot be changed manually. As new reviews come in, the likelihood of it changing increases.  I was able to find what you are talking about.  The reason this happened is most likely due to the fact the one negative review you have is so long compared to the other two that are positive.  The three snippets in your knowledge graph do have the same "D" icon, so it does appear to be from one person and not three.

It is okay to ask clients for a review, so you might want to ask your client about recent clients they have had that have had a good experience. You then might ask that client for a review with as much detail as possible, and explain why.  Just to cover the bases here, I implore you not create a fake one. It's just not worth it in the long run.

As for the error you got posting the screenshot, let me give you a tip for the future.  Once you get the error message, simply click post again, and it will go through and post.  This forum can act a little quirky at times, and I've had the same issue you've experienced. Clicking post again when the error message appears makes it go through every time.

Overall I would not be too concerned with this. The snippets that are currently pulled are somewhat vague, and anyone that clicks through to see the entire thing will see the two positive ones.  I know it feels unfair. The best you can do is continue to provide good service so that future clients are inclined to leave a positive one. You can't please everyone, and most consumers understand this.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

To add to what @David Kyle wrote, I've seen companies with unfair review snippets like yours get fixed after contacting support. They have the ability on the back-end to influence those snippets, and since all three are pulling from one negative review, it'd be worth calling in and asking that to be changed. 

You can contact Google support on Twitter, Facebook, or Phone. Good luck. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

A D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
A D
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Wow, thank you so much David K and James W. Both are very helpful answers to this issue and the picture issue I was having on the post. I know my client has other, happy clients so I will encourage them to get some reviews posted on google. And I do think it would be worth the time to contact google to see if they can do something about how this shows up on the knowledge panel.

Again, thank you both so much for quick, helpful replies!

Annette

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Annette, 

If you're going to suggest to clients that they start asking for reviews, it helps to give their customers an easy link to click on that takes them straight to a 'leave a review' box. Use this tool to make a link like that.

grade.us/home/labs/google-review-link-generator

Glad I could help!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.