T E
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
T E
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name = Flying Pig Music
2. Current business address  = 1915 Pacific Avenue, Forest Grove, Oregon
3. Current telephone number = see listing
4. Google Maps URL = https://www.google.com/maps/place/Flying+Pig+Music/@45.5198533,-123.1131086,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:...
5. Website (if applicable)= flyingpigmusic.com

Recently the rating stars have disappeared from the top of our knowledge panel in google search.  When we search for competitors or other businesses, the stars are there.  How do we get them back?  Here is our listing and a competitor's listing.   ALL OTHER REVIEWS HAVE STARS AT THE TOP OF THE KP:

Stars Missing.jpgstars.png

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google is Discriminating Against My Business

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

@T E- How many reviews did you previously have? Did you have screenshots of them? Sometimes Google will remove reviews if they deem them to be spam. 

I did a search and see your views in search and in GMaps (total of 41):

GMB Map-reviews.PNGGMB Search-reviews.PNG

Re: Google is Discriminating Against My Business

T E
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
T E
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It isnot about "removed reviews". It is about the K.P. not showing the
star rating.

Our K.P. is different from all other businesses.    It is
discrimination at our expense!

Re: Google is Discriminating Against My Business

T E
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
T E
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The screen shot we posted originally shows the Knowledge Panel--the panel at the right of a regular google search with information about the business.  Every other business we search has stars at the top of the KP just under the photo and map.  Ours is different from all others and has been for months, and we are not getting an answer from Google on this.  Yes the reviews are still there, but the stars are no longer showing on the KP itself.

Google is Discriminating Against My Business

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey @T E & FYI @Nathan D 

Please calm down - I say this reading your strong but false accusings against Google.

I agree to the fact you see like me in the KP of your listing no review score - But there is very likely no discrimination (in contrary)

Google consider you as they consider any schoolr education business listing. 

YOU can doublecheck it yourself: all or almost all KPs of a school or university will have a KP without showing up a review score. .

Ok so far - I see you wondering or trying to contradict me you wouldn't be at all  a school but a music shop.

Maybe its in the reality!

But there is a virtual reality too!

Your listing contains lot of categories.

One of it is just "School".

I see alos "Educational Institution" & "Training Courses"

All this will trigger the opposite of "discrimination"

Google shows your business listing like they show other  

"Schools","Educational Institution" & "Training Courses".

This said:

I'm not saying its your fault having those categories hidden in your listing.

But without getting them removed you wont get your KP with a review score like Google shows it for any plumber, shop or restaurant.

In case you have no clue about the source of this educational categories hidden in oyur listing I'm willing to help you to investigate and  perhaps finding good resaons for it.

But please don't expect me helping you until talking about "discrimination" where there is no such!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.