AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google does not contain an accurate description of the service that my company offers.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So if you go to google maps and type in my company (En-Range Inc) our profile pops up, but it says we are Waste Management Service. We are actually a lead abatement and environmental cleaning company for Indoor & Outdoor Firing Ranges. 

I think it might fall under the Google My Business Community, but I will yield to your expertise. 

Jeff
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google does not contain an accurate description of the service that my company offers.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jeffrey A The description you are referring to is not something that you can control. Google selects it for each page based on what they see on the website. Also, I noticed your description is life.  Some others, specifically one I did is not active yet so congratulations. The key is how you show up in the search results. The page and information on the website and all other online and offline information control what search concepts the listing will be displayed for.  Work on optimizing your listing with things like more pictures,  videos, posts and you will show up for more. Also one of the biggest factors is customer reviews. 

Thanks for asking, 

David

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |