Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Sights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all 

Lately i have noticed that Google has added a tool called "Top sights" for Example if people search  "things to do in South wales" google has created its own top destination it would give them list See url (https://www.google.co.uk/destination/map?q=things+to+do+in+south+wales&biw=1366&bih=630&site=search&...)

One of my clients was asking how come his attraction centre does not appear there even though he has signed up as a google Business? how does one get its business on those Google Pages 

Thanks 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Sights

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

at least the list of the sights is not GMB based

sample: Cosmeston Lakes Country Park UK is not such

Google Sights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same question and wonder how they decide which listings are worthy. Did you find out ? Can someone please explain.

Google Sights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I, too, would like to know how to have my museum included in our local "top sights". We have numerous Google Reviews, have posted pictures in our business page, have a Wikipedia listing.... And yet there are "sights" included that have no review, no pictures, no website.

Google Sights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Megan i spoke with Google on this and was told if you have all those things and a full listing that will help you rank better. However when i pointed out the sites without reviews and poor listings that were ranking there, they could not explain. They just said it's a free listing they are providing. Which is a rather disappointing response being how powerful there free listing is. I'm not it will be possible to get a direct answer on this so i gave up! 

Google Sights

N/A
# 6
N/A

Hi everyone,

Similar problem here in Ontario Canada. We are by far the #1 tourist attraction in our area, over 200,000 per year, excellent and consistent reviews, full listing, etc.

Again, we have the same problem, poor listings, bare bones listings, are showing up as Top Sights in our area - missing out on a whole avenue of exciting tourism aspects in our community.

Other business', like ours, are suffering from this glitch as well. Does any one have a contact we can push on this problem and see if we can get it rectified?

Yes, it is a wonderful free listing. Very powerful, but it frustrating and can be utilized so much better.

Google Sights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone discovered an answer to how "attractions" can be added to the "Top Sights" listing that appears for an area when someone Googles "Things To Do in  [your area]?

Re: Google Sights

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone discovered an answer to how "attractions" can be added to the "Top Sights" listing that appears for an area when someone Googles "Things To Do in  [your area]?