1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We started trading in the UK just over twelve months ago, there are only a couple of other manufacturers supplying a soil stabilisation product in the UK. So obviously we need to be found under the search term "soil stabilisation".

We have been successful and now supply many of the largest construction companies. However our website; www.powercem.co.uk never appears under the search term "soil stabilisation" there are normally about 19 pages of listings in Google. For content and relevance we should be on page one.

What is wrong? Many of the current listing are nothing to do with soil stabilisation and others have even ceased trading.

Google Search

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Les,

This isn't actually a Google My Business issue, but I'm happy to give you some advice. The keyword "soil stabilisation" does not return a local pack in the search results (listings with the map) so I can only assume you are talking about the organic results. It would seem that you have no authority (no links). I had a quick look at the Aeyates site and they have a decent amount of links, that's why they are #1. There is no set amount of links that will get you #1, as it based on many other factors but my main bit of advice would be to start earning links for your website.

Re: Google Search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Many thanks, as we are a manufacturer I have no idea who would want to link their site with ours.
It still seems strange though that Google have never found our site after twelve months, as we are one of the biggest authorities on soil stabilisation and advise; Highways England, the National Grid and HS2 on technical matters involving soil stabilisation.

If you are not the right organisation to talk to about Google organic search engines, do you know who is?

Best regards

Les