2.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a start-up utility bill splitting company that markets to college students and college apartment complexes. Basically we are a third party billing company issuing utility bills to first time bill-payers. We're also in a pretty intense season of growth right now and experiencing some growing pains that have led to some customers responding with negative reviews. 

My boss asked me to remove the google reviews option for now - thinking it was similar to Facebook's option. I ended up deleting the account and quickly realizing after searching this forum, that that was not the solution to make bad reviews go away. I recovered access to the account but lost ALL of the responses I had crafted for each of my reviewers. 

Is there a way to recover these responses? I know a review that hasn't been responded to looks bad on a company. Especially one with a rating as low as ours at the moment. What would be the best point of action to take? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley L

As far as I am aware these won't be recoverable.

I will ask the question to dbl check.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What would you recommend us doing? Is there absolutely anyway to have the reviews removed altogether at this point? As a smaller b2b start-up, these negative reviews - almost all of which are false accusations fueled by misunderstanding - have proven to be pretty damaging and cost us business. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley L

So I have asked about recovering the lost responses.

There is no way of having reviews removed, unless they are Spam, Racist or Lewd.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773

Google doesn't get involved when merchants and customers disagree about facts, since there's no reliable way to discern who's right about a particular customer experience.

In terms of misunderstanding, I don't believe they will ever be removed.

Some Ideas:

Create clearer brochures or media, that caused the confusion.

Ask happy customers to leave reviews.

Can you turn this to your advantage >> content, policy

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What were you told about recovering lost responses?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I have posted the question to my CM, it may take a day or a week to get a reply.

I will reply to this thread when I have an answer.

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great - Thank you so much!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley L

Sorry for the delay. It is now being investigated, should hear back soon ( ish )

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley L

Finally got confirmation, that they wont be recoverable.

If a user manages to un-delete their +Page within 30days and their listing is re-verified on maps their review responses should re-appear.

Unfortunately for this one the user deleted the page and then created a new one. Because they didn't go through the recovery process, but just re-claimed the business from scratch all the review responses have been wiped. It looks like this was deleted back in March and re-created in October. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It was actually deleted and recovered in the same day just a few weeks ago, does this make a difference? It was not deleted in March as you’ve said.

Ashley Lipscomb
Marketing Manager
SimpleBills Corporation
254-230-0199 | simplebills.com