3.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I really like the idea of google reviews... however..

Why in the world would you have reviews from years ago show up? Businesses that frequently change ownership or managers can still have a 4 star rating even when it is a circus, or they can alternately have a low rating when they are fabulous and turning things around. 

I understand that you may want to keep reviews that are older if you have been a long time business owner with great reviews. However, why not provide a method for people to only show reviews within the last 6 months or year as an option? As a customer, I would really really appreciate that. Would like to hear what others think!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I agree that more current reviews might be useful for users. If you encourage more of your customers to right reviews and respond to them, (good and bad) your more recent reviews will have a higher chance of coming up.

Google Reviews

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

we are having this exact problem! we recently invested millions in a twice defunct restaurant here in new orleans that is an historic icon. we have followed all guidelines given by a google rep: New Name: The New Feelings Marigny Cafe, Bar & Courtyard Lounge (old name: Feelings Cafe D'Aunoy), new phone number established along with the old phone number, we have even provided a proof of sale of both the real estate and contents. We have invested millions in rebranding, renovating and refurbishing, yet reviews from 2-3 years ago still pop up and reflect us as a very bad vegan restaurant!! this is hurting our business and unfairly drags down our total rating number. These reviews belong to Feelings Cafe D'Aunoy and in no way reflect what we have done. This is legally and morally wrong on all accounts!!! How do we finally address this issue once and for all??

Google Reviews

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@The New Feelings C

this is a very old thread and very likely outdated

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I'll now closed this very old thread for new replies