My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Reviews showing for old location, not current location, but old location gone in account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, let's see if I can explain this.

Boston Solar used to have a few locations.  Now, we only have one, in Woburn, MA.  When I login to our Google Business account, I can only see 1 location in Woburn, MA.  When I click on reviews, it shows 89 reviews.  However, when you search for Boston Solar, it comes up with the Woburn, MA location, but only shows the 7 reviews from the old location, not the 89 for our current.

Can anyone hep with this?  Many people find us using google reviews, and we have a 4.9 star rating, but what is showing through natural search is only a 4.4 star rating and 7 reviews :(  HELP!

Boston Solar

55 Sixth Road

Woburn, MA 01801

617-845-1645

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Boston+Solar/@42.5031043,-71.1516058,15.22z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x...

www.bostonsolar.us

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Reviews showing for old location, not current location, but old location gone in account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If I understand correctly you want to merge the old listing that closed back to the current open location and preserve your reviews?

The best way to proceed would be to post the links to the exact results that you want to be merged back to the 55 Sixth Road listing and keep the reviews. With that link, the top contributors can get things merged. My understanding is the reviews are in a separate database so they may move over.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |