Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Google Review Stars not Showing in Business listing on Search Result page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have 29 google reviews but now the stars are not showing in search results on the right hand side where Google gets all of the information from the MyBusiness listing page.  Can anybody help with this?

Piano Heritage Inc 5030 Boul Samson Laval Quebec H7W 2J1 - Google Search 2018-02-05 12-03-53.png

Piano Héritage, inc.
5030 Boul Samson
Laval, QC H7W 2J1
(450) 688-3080

https://www.google.ca/search?q=piano+heritage+laval%2C+qc&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-ab&gfe_...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee B
February

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is an intended behavior.

YOur listing contains several categories like "Music School"

Any listings belonging  to the"Education industry" like school, colleges and Universities does't get showm their review score.

Btw I have the impression  you didn't read their hints about categories in their HC.

quoting them below:

"Choose a primary category that describes your business as a whole; don’t add multiple categories to list all of your products and services. For example, if your business is a health club that includes a cafe, don’t add the category “Cafe”. Instead, the operator of the cafe should create their own listing with “Cafe” as their primary category"

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lee B
February

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

This is an intended behavior.

YOur listing contains several categories like "Music School"

Any listings belonging  to the"Education industry" like school, colleges and Universities does't get showm their review score.

Btw I have the impression  you didn't read their hints about categories in their HC.

quoting them below:

"Choose a primary category that describes your business as a whole; don’t add multiple categories to list all of your products and services. For example, if your business is a health club that includes a cafe, don’t add the category “Cafe”. Instead, the operator of the cafe should create their own listing with “Cafe” as their primary category"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Helmut.  We tried separating the business into the School and Piano Store as two separate entities, but then we couldn't do that (got flagged by Google) because they share the same address, therefore we just put multiple categories for the same location.  We were unaware that the stars would be removed from the Local search results (the stars were still there for Maps).  Anyway, duly noted and thank you, that appeared to fix the problem.  Take care!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

I am also experiencing the same issue with my business. Would you happen to know why this is the case, and whether or not there is something we can do about this? I really do not see how this is a fair for businesses that have reviews from legitimate clients.

Thanks ahead of time.