AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Ranking Solo Practitioner Listing Over Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Our Google business listing about our dental clinic has more reviews than solo practitioner listing but Still Google is ranking our solo practitioner listing above our clinic listing. What can we do to improve rankings of our business listing. We tried submitting our business in local business directories but it has zero impact on our rankings in Google maps. What can we do to improve it.

Url of our business listing - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Platinum+Dental+Care+Livonia+MI/@42.395824,-83.4046277,17z/data=!3...

URL of solo practitioner listing -  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Michael+Chaben+DDS,+P.C./@42.3958066,-83.4046029,17z/data=!3m1!4b1...

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

You need on-page SEO such as tags, h1, h2, map embeds, SEO content, Off-page SEO such as links.  You mention directories which we call citations which is merely a mention of your NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) which if you are using the same descriptions over and over can cause them to de-index which will not help you rank.

SEO is a very complex thing and unfortunately, reviews aren't going to rank you.

If you need further guidance please let me know.

Thanks,

Nathan Olsen

Re: Google Ranking Solo Practitioner Listing Over Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nathan,

Can you answer why Google is preferring solo listing over clinic listing. Any, we are ranking below business which does not have any reviews at all. You may be are correct about your points but seeing businesses that are ranking ahead of us, we feel we should be at least in top 40

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

@PlatinumDentalCare 

There are so many factors, age of the listing, website, location.

Google is not going to improve your ranking simply by asking, but if you wanted you could use AdWords most pay around 500-1000 a month.