AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Post for upcoming event

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

We have an event coming up from February 20-March 20 that I was going to promote using Google Post tool.  This will be for 35 different locations.  With out an upload or other efficient method to administer for multiple locations at once I began creating the Posts today February 15, and I entered the event begin date Feb 20 and end date Mar 20, but the Posts are published immediately, now, today.  So my question is, does the start/end date not determine the start/end date to activate a Google Post?  Do I really need to publish all of these on Feb 20 - I cannot schedule them based on the event start date?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Post for upcoming event

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Correct - Google doesn't allow you to set a publish date - they all publish immediately. The idea of having an event post published prior to the event allows you to do pre-event marketing. There are some tools that allow you to schedule posts - Yext, for example. But they may not be free to access. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter