1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My business - create a post is not showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just found out google had changed the setup on Google My Business for adding posts. Confusing because on my Google Business page it was showing "you have no posts showing on Google" even though I have 20 posts on my page. I researched it and read the above referenced article on Search Engine Land about how they're rolling out this new setup and have changed the location for posts or something. I wasn't sure if I add a new post if my existing ones would get deleted or what. I went ahead and added a post. It does now show up below my Google business listing. However the post does not show on my Google+ page along with the existing posts. Not sure about how this goes.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My business - create a post is not showing

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Dyal R

the posts of the new lauched feature are no G+ page related but posts of your GoogleMyBusiness listing.

Such post will not affect any previous posts you perhaps have made with your brand page.

Posts of the recently launched feature will show up in the knowledge graph  of th listing on desktop and if navigating  to the listing in question through a mobile device (using GMaps app)

Give you an example of a post I posted last Friday for this listing of mine:

https://goo.gl/maps/wbPtds1Vpwq

And here is as the posting looks on my desktop:

screenshot-www.google.com 2017-06-25 23-28-55.png

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Dyal R,

Your Google+ page is not your Google My Business listing. These are two seperate systems, which is why your Google+ posts (20) are present on your G+ page... and not posted to your Google Knowledge Panel (large info box on right side of Google SERPs (search engine results page)). Your Google My Business post will not show on Google+ and Google+ posts will not show on Google My Business. 

This is what makes this new Google My Business feature so unique and really important. You can feed the organic search results valuable data about your business. While Google+ is great for many things, your posts there are only shown in the SERPs to being you are connected to, which is not the general public (or prospective customers). 

Please use these instructions to make a post with your Google My Business account.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thing is, there is no longer any way to post to the G+ page for the business. Previously I used to login, go to Google My Business/ manage locations/ select the location/ there would be a pencil button to add a new post to the G+ page. Now it seems that option is missing and has been replaced with the posts link, which gives only the ability to add a post beneath your business listing. Aside from no longer being able to post to the G+ page, I did add a new post the Google My Business Listing, and checking back 12 days later it's gone, apparently no longer accesible to the public. I added a new post again about 1 hour ago and it hasn't shown up below the business listing. So I have no idea what's going on, no way to post to G+ page, and new posts not showing anywhere.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After 2 hours my new post (to business listing) still isn't showing. I did though finally find how to post to the G+ page.

It appears something changed because before I was always able to add posts to the G+ business page while logged in with a personal account. Now you have to login with that same personal account, and from there I noticed under accounts some options for 'brand accounts' which I've never seen before. Once I selected the brand account I was finally able to get to where I could add posts to the G+ business page.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It took several hours for those last posts to show with my business listing. Did another post today and it showed immediately, nice.