2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I service my customers at their location and not mine so as a result I have hidden my address to prevent my house showing on my Google My Business listing.

Does hiding the address on Google have an influence on SEO in particular when it comes to local search results?

I have been advised that Google will penalise me for not having consistent information across all citations online i.e. address shown on directories but not on Google My Business.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google My Business query

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

SEO penalizing or not isn't the question.

In case you serve your customers at their addresses - not servicing them at your address you are requested by googles guidleines to hide your address.

Google My Business query

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Help!  My son has a fly fishing guide business in Montana and he's recently moved from Bozeman to Missoula so I updated his entry on Google my Business and when I did, it said the account was suspended.  Is there something I need to do to get it back online?  Is this temporary or is there some additional information that we need to provide to make it visible again?  All help is much appreciated!  Website: www.montanaguidedflyfishing.com  Thanks!