Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business for holiday rentals

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I am coaching holiday rental owner managers on how best to set up and manage their Google My Business accounts.

Any tips along this journey?

I also wonder how the business ends up on the Accommodation directory that shows up at the top of the Google search results, blow the map? 

Cheers

Natalie

Welcome In

natalie@welcomein.com.au

www.welcomein.com.au

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Google My Business for holiday rentals

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Natalie, first be sure to know the guidelines as they relate to rental properties https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

Especially this part Ineligible businesses
The following businesses aren’t eligible for a local page:

Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent. Please coordinate with your host to have your information displayed on the page for their business within their "Introduction" field."

If the business model fits, proceed with these steps https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778?hl=en
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan,

I run a vacation rental business and I recently had my My Business suspended because I listed a vacation rental as the address, it is also an office where I meet people. 

1. When I appealed, it was rejected as it was a vacation rental property, how can I resolve this situation.

2. There is now a special search section on Maps, just for holiday rental properties. How can I add my properties to that?

Many thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Remi T please start a new thread with your specific issue. Feel free to tag me in the new post. 

Can you show me what you are referring to when you say"There is now a special search section on Maps, just for holiday rental properties. How can I add my properties to that?"

Thanks!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan,

I am also a vacation rental manager and have about 20 vacation homes that we are trying to claim business pages for.   I have them all set up but when I go to verify I get 3 options: phone, text, mail.

-Phone doesn't seem to work.  It says its calling but nothing happens.  I live in canada and have the flag set to Canadian.

-Text doesn't work either it only picks up the land line even though I put in an alternative number that is a cell (flag set for canadian too)

-mail doesn't work because we live in a rural area and its post office boxes.  However because these are all second homes, none of them have purchased the post office box.

Can you please help me?

Janet

Niagara Holiday Rentals

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Janet, you can't setup GMB listings for vacation homes. It's one of the ineligible business models.

Ineligible businesses

The following businesses aren’t eligible for a business listing:

• Businesses that are under construction or that have not yet opened to the public.
  • Rental or for-sale properties, such as vacation homes, model homes or vacant apartments. Sales or leasing offices, however, are eligible for verification.
  • An ongoing service, class, or meeting at a location that you don't own or have the authority to represent.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Colan,

I am finding that there are a few article mentioning a "Google card" for Vacation Rentals Properties and XML feeds:

http://www.vrmintel.com/google-moving-vacation-rentals-property-managers-need-get-ready/

https://www.blizzardinternet.com/news/industry-news/ready-bookable-vacation-rentals-google/

Are you aware of these?  If so then how does a property manager list all their units in the area via XML or "Google card"

Thanks,

CG