AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business bad customer service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I experienced a very bad customer service from Google My Business. I don't know why but Google displayed our luxury 5-star hotel as 2-star. I tried to request a call back and talked to the person from Google on phone. He kept putting me on hold to checking something and after several attempts he explained there are so many businesses in the same address with us and they kind of mixing up. However, this makes no sense if you look at Google Map. Then he requested me to click on the Report to Google button and just wait for a miracle as he cannot help. I did exactly what he told me but after nearly a month nothing has changed. 

I don't know what's wrong but this is a serious problem for us but there is no way we can contact Google again to solve the issue.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

There are several ways to work on the issue. This group has a number of very experienced contributors that can help. Google is not easy to contact by phone in my opinion since everything thing they do is set up to be scalable and automated as much as possible which makes sense from their end. 

Two other ways to contact them is the facebook page and twitter. First, if you post more details here the contributors may be able to see what is wrong. The details you should post are listed below

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps URL
5. Website (if applicable)

A big issue is that all your data be consistent in reference to your hotel regarding the name, address, and phone in all internet posts, it helps the computerized system figure out what each place is.  Fixing this may take some time because there may be mixed signals the system if picking up.

David W Cox, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David

Thank you very much for your reply. I will post some details of the resort here, hoping someone from Google will notice and help us fixing the problem as soon as possible:

1. Full business name: Salinda Resort Phu Quoc Island
2. Current business address: Cua Lap Hamlet, Duong To CommunePhu Quoc Island, Vietnam (we don't have the exact address number so this might be the cause for this problem?)
3. Current telephone number: (84-28) 3929 3097
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Salinda+Resort+Phu+Quoc+Island/@10.1815123,103.9665853,17z/data=!3...
5. Website (if applicable): www.salindaresort.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I see the problem, but first, want to say that looking at the pictures it certainly looks like a place that would be great to visit and stay at. Looks great. Are there sites that you are listed on that show a lower rating? Google picks up information from various travel sites. Did you contact Google My Business Support from this link  ? 

I took a look at the site and did not find on it information on your star ratings. Have you checked the various sources Expedia, Agoda, MakeMyTrip, Goibibo, Cleartrip, Booking.com etc to see if the ratings are correct. The exact source of the data is not public since it can effect books so much as you know.  Mike Blumenthal suggests starting with North Star Travel Group. Please confirm when it is solved.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your kind comment about our resort. it is very kind of you, David :)

I've found the phone contact of Google Business Vietnam and got in touch with them already. They are working on the issue and hopefully it will be okay soon.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hope it gets straightened out for you. Keep in mind to visit this community now and then and keep an eye on the top contributors that post here. There is a lot I am learning from them and what they post, both here and on their owns sites as far as how to do things and optimize listings.