AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Posts - Communications Manager cannot access?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My user with communications manager permissions can't access the new Posts feature on Google My Business. Does this just take a little while to appear? It seems a bit weird that the communications manager can't access the feature that communicates with customers...

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

I found that "Communications Manager" role can't do much of anything at all at GMB.  I am Primary and gave our "comm manager" an "owner" role and that resolved the issue.  I would prefer for the roles to work as intended but for whatever reason only "owner" can administer at this time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just learned that Posts are not available for businesses that offer accommodation - hotels etc - is that applicable?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am running into the same issue. I want someone to post but not have access to all the other edits. Frustrating!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also having same issue, communications manager can't post. WHAT THE HECK IS A COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER IF THEY CAN"T COMMUNICATE?!