star_border

Google My Business Photo Issue

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Capital Ford Lincoln Rocky Mount

2. 2012 Stone Rose Dr, Rocky Mount, NC 27804

3. (252) 977-1234

4. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Capital+Ford+Lincoln+of+Rocky+Mount/@35.958969,-77.8238686,17z/dat...

Hello!

I am having an issue with photos on this Google My Business account. Unfortunately, a couple of months ago they were hit by hurricane Matthew and the parking lot of the business flooded. The dealership would like these photos removed, as they poorly represent the business. I have flagged them for removal several times but they have not been removed. I contacted Google Support last week and they said they escalated the issue and they should be removed within 48 hours. However, it has been almost a week and the photos still remain.

Can anyone help out with this issue? I have reached out to Google a few times with this issue, but nothing has updated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Wanted to bump this up to see if anyone could assist with this issue?

Thank you

Re: Google My Business Photo Issue

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Derek,

You actually have a related issue that's complicating things.

Please view this map

When I looked at the link you provided, I noticed that listing is not claimed and was going to tell you to claim it so you have more control over it.

But then as I did more research a couple different ways, discovered there are 2 listings for your client's business, as you see in the map above.

The one you linked to with the bad images is top left on map and is unclaimed. (Since it's unclaimed that maybe affected support's priority for this listing.) The other listing is the claimed and verified listing that has correct photos that you or they uploaded.

I would have said mark the unclaimed one as a dupe to get it removed, BUT that one has all their reviews. The verified listing has no reviews.  So someone maybe created a new listing without checking 1st to be sure there was not already a listing. The bad images show up in search probably because that was the 1st listing and since it has so many reviews, carries more clout.

So I'd call support again when logged into the account that has the claimed listing to see if they can merge the unclaimed listing with reviews into the claimed listing that has the right images.  Those bad street view images could maybe even just drop off. Those images were likely showing, because the listing was not claimed, so there were no other images uploaded to that one. 

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Linda,

Thank you for your response and help with this. I did call support about merging the two accounts as well and they said they would do this. I have been trying to find a number to call support this week or request a callback, but unfortunately it appears that their support has been offline all week. Do you know of a direct number I can reach them by?

Thank you