AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi- I am an Admin for Rick Hakey State Farm Insurance in Plainfield, IL. Just a quick question. We do a lot on our business page.. we get reviews, make posts, etc. But when I have friends search anything like "Auto Insurance Plainfield, IL" or "Home insurance plainfield il", we don't show up near the top of the search. I'm wondering why? And how can we get our name at the top (without buying ads)? From what I can see, we by far have the most activity on our Google page out of all insurance offices in this area but we aren't showing up at the top of searches. Thanks!!

Google My Business Listing

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Listings are highly dependent on the proximity to the searcher. I am pretty sure that when using the location modifier of Plainfield, you are telling Google to focus the search in the middle of town. Since the listing seems further off, it will show up lower down. Someone who is already located in Plainfield, and just types in 'Auto Insurance' will get results based on what is closest to them.