AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Listing and All Reviews Have Disappeared - HELP!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Today we noticed our Google My Business Listing for our Victoria location (our other locations appear fine) and all of the reviews (84) have disappeared!  This is our headquarters, and we have been working over the past 4 years to have a strong presence in the Victoria community while serving clients across BC.  This is a major issue for us.

Business name: League and Williams Lawyers

Business address: #210-174 Wilson St. Victoria, BC; V9A 7N6

Business phone number: 250-888-0002

Not sure of the google maps URL - as I suspect the one that I seem to bring up is wrong (it seems to be for one of our associated, Donald Linge but not for our man business).

HELP please.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author League a
4w

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I found this listing. Is that the one you're referring to?

Google did recently remove older, anonymous reviews from Google Maps. Did you happen to have a lot of those?

I've also noticed them cracking down more often on what they interpret to be unethical review practices: posting fake reviews, offering discounts or incentives to post reviews, having a dedicated review device at your office, or review-gating (sending happy customers to leave a review and unhappy customers to a separate place). They will sometimes delete huge amounts of reviews just because they suspect foul play, even if they have no evidence.

So it's possible they removed a bunch of reviews, which reduced your listing's authority, and that hurt its ability to rank. I'd recommend looking at your GMB Insights data for the past 90 days and see if you can pinpoint exactly on what day this happened.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author League a
4w

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

I found this listing. Is that the one you're referring to?

Google did recently remove older, anonymous reviews from Google Maps. Did you happen to have a lot of those?

I've also noticed them cracking down more often on what they interpret to be unethical review practices: posting fake reviews, offering discounts or incentives to post reviews, having a dedicated review device at your office, or review-gating (sending happy customers to leave a review and unhappy customers to a separate place). They will sometimes delete huge amounts of reviews just because they suspect foul play, even if they have no evidence.

So it's possible they removed a bunch of reviews, which reduced your listing's authority, and that hurt its ability to rank. I'd recommend looking at your GMB Insights data for the past 90 days and see if you can pinpoint exactly on what day this happened.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's our listing!  And that's the one that seems to have disappeared.  Our reviews weren't anonymous and we didn't engage in unethical review practices.  The only thing I can think of, is I recently renamed/reported a page that was one of our associates (Donald Linge) (was previously private practice then joined our firm),  as a duplicate, but I wouldn't think that that would delete the main GMB page.  At any rate, I'll give Google a call on Monday to try to sort it out, as it really is the kind of situation that every small business owner dreads!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We appear to be back.  Thank goodness.  

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Congrats! Good luck with Google phone support too. I've always had better luck in here.