AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Linked with incorrect Wikipedia Article

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret,

Can you please help me too..

Our busineess "Centre for Public Policy Research (CPPR)" is linked to wrong wikipedia link. We are located in Kochi. Our correct Wikipedia link is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centre_for_Public_Policy_Research

And our business name is 

Centre for Public Policy Research

You can see the wrong business listing on the right hand side here
https://www.google.co.in/search?safe=active&q=cppr

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Binu J

One thing you can do to help Google from getting confused like this in future is to enhance the structured data you already have on your site.

One of the schema types you can add is called sameAs, and using that type you can add your wikipedia link.

If that makes no sense to you, don't worry. This is something a good web developer should understand.  So if you have one, pass that info on and it should help.

In the meantime, I'll ask Google to correct.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Binu J

Google have confirmed this is a known glitch, no known fix release date.  The best solution at this stage is to use the feedback button below the KP and send your change request.

Sorry not to have been able to be more help with this.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Binu J

Update:  Google may have found a workaround for this one listing - please check back in a week and let me know if it has been corrected.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much