AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello. Recently I had asked the forums for some help regarding a site I am looking at - childrensmn.org. This hospital has a few locations (main locations are Minneapolis and St.Paul). The hospital also has clinics in the surrounding suburbs that are in association. The question I originally asked, was why when searching mobile for branded terms (such as children's minnesota, or the full brand name - Children's hospitals and clinics of minnesota) does the snippet with the options to "Call", "Driving Directions", "Website" and "Share" not show (like how it does show when you search on mobile for children's boston)? I received a response form an expert stating that since there are multiple locations, this is likely not possible. Which makes sense. However, a few of the clinics associated with Hospital do show the snippet when searched for on mobile, and they are either shared on the same domain (chitdrensmn.org) or on a associated domain (pitstop.com) that houses several of the locations.

For example. If I search on mobile for "childrens woodbury" I see it show up with the snippet to call and to get driving directions. This location shares the same chitdrensmn.org. Same with "childrens west st paul". But some of the locations do not show this. 

Just trying to get a better understanding of how this works and when the snippets show and do not show and if there is something that needs to be done inside the Google My Business account. 

Thanks again for any advice. Let me know if you need more information from me. 

-Ryan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google My Business Help

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
What's one of the locations that doesn't show it that you're concerned about?

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
I thought I'd mention, the title you're using in GMB for the listing in Woodbury is a violation of the guidelines. It lists descriptors and should just be listed as "Children's" or "Children's Minnesota" (not sure which is the proper name. Including the city name or a description of what you do (Specialty Care Clinic) is not allowed.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Joy.

Well mainly I was just wondering why the main locations (Minneapolis & St.Paul) weren't showing, and then why some of the clinics were.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Minneapolis returns a 3-pack for "Childrens Minneapolis" vs. a one-box which is why they don't have those features. It's a pretty generic search so Google is returning other businesses that include the word "Children". There are probably way more businesses to choose from in Minneapolis in comparison with small towns. I still see you guys as the first result so you're the most relevant.

Owner of Sterling Sky