AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google My Business - Attributes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good afternoon,

I have been struggeling quite a while now with the attribute section of our My Business section.

At our premises, we only accept payment in cash and even though we could successfully set the attributes to "no credit / debit cards, no cheques, etc" Google keeps rejecting "cash only" for some reason. For several months we have been trying to get this attribute in, but it always changes back after a couple of minutes.

Is there anything we can do to fix this permanently?

Thank you very much in advance

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Katharina B,

This seems weird, are you logged into the GMB profile as the main account? Might have something to do with the access point? Are you the listing owner under users? When you search for your business and see the listing does it show the correct attributes? I have had this happen in one account I manage and it finally took the correct information after logging into the main account and saving them there. Might be worth adding the info to your site as well, if it s not all ready. What is displayed when you select "no credit / debit cards, no cheques,? Let see what others have to say about this. 

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Spencer_Wade,

I am logged into the profile as the main account and I am the listing owner. The information concerned is displayed on our website, but not all customers seem to notice - that's why I would like to get it into the GMB listing.
However, I just checked the listing on Google and the additional information do not show up at all. So there seems to be another issue with the listing that needs to be fixed...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Thanks for the extra details. Not sure why all is missing now. In situations like this, I go through everything in the account and keep trying to force the update, it eventually takes. I have seen where the Appointments link can cause issues so when you go through everything, check that area for accuracy. I am sure you have been to this file but wanted to make sure you have it for review. Fix incorrect business information on Google

Spencer Wade, AdWords, G+ & WebSearch Platinum Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Directory | Partner