2.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps: Questions, questions, questions

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi, some questions about what is bugging me.

First my info:

On Google Maps I see the following:

GoogleMaps_Gigi_HB.JPG

I am concentrating on the building with the flags "Zie onze andere Google-vermelding Gigi" (marked permanently closed)  and our listing HB MODE, both located in the grey building.

I have the following questions about this screenshot:

1. What does the flag-signs (2) on our address mean?
  2. Why do the surrounding stores (not claimed/les reviews/no complete profile) have a bag-sign and we don't?
  3. Why is our building coloured grey and the surrounding ones orange/brown?

I know Google has his secret algorithems, no-one knows exactly how it is calculated and Maps "doesn't have to place a pin to be found", but I would like to have a pin with the name of my store.

The reason for this is that we have a niche-store with a rather high brand awareness (mouth to mouth). Since we are on a location lots of people visit during holydays I want to create the "Aha-effect": "Hey, I have heard of this place and since we are close to it, let's visit".

Furthermore some websites which are mentioning our store do not place their pin on the right location.

On top of that: I don't think all the above is good for our SEO.

Hope to hear from you all!

Cheers!

Henk P

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henk P
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Henk P

1)

The flag icons means that you added a private label for those location on Google Maps. This Maps' help article explains Private Labels.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6257830

2)

There are no guarantees that your store is going to get a Place Label, but even if your business gets one is not going to be shown until you delete the Private Label, Google would only show one icon for a any given coordinates.

3)

That means that that building is not visited by a lot of people with mobile phones that have also enabled the Location History feature of Google Maps.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Henk P
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Henk P

1)

The flag icons means that you added a private label for those location on Google Maps. This Maps' help article explains Private Labels.

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6257830

2)

There are no guarantees that your store is going to get a Place Label, but even if your business gets one is not going to be shown until you delete the Private Label, Google would only show one icon for a any given coordinates.

3)

That means that that building is not visited by a lot of people with mobile phones that have also enabled the Location History feature of Google Maps.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@treebles

Wow thanks!

I was looking for these answers a long time!

Thanks again!

Henk P

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The photos on Google maps are old and old dated. Can they be changed?

Re: Google Maps: Questions, questions, questions

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Doug T,

Please, start your own thread in this forum, this post is about an unrelated issue.

Please, explain in your own post to which photos are you referring.

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Sir;

Please I registered for the map location (atelier le baron art gallery Lebanon Jounieh-Sarba Location and till now I didn't receive any postcard from your support team

please could you let me know what's the problem +9613308139 

Re: Google Maps: Questions, questions, questions

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Lucien E

There is nobody from Google support in this forum, please contact the GMB suppport team directly, if you have been waiting for the postcard for more than 30 days, by filling out and submitting this form.

https://support.google.com/business/contact/verification_code_issues