3.9K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Maps Listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just signed on as a manager of  Google presence for an acquaintance, trying to help them connect the existing Google maps listing to their Google my business and Brand Page. Before I came on board someone had created a Google maps listing as part of the Google My Business bundle. There was an existing Google Maps listing with all 5 star reviews 20+. The category for that listing was Holistic Medicine Practitioner, but it does not connect to the Google my business page. 

Now the questions

How do I edit the category for the existing listing? I have suggested an edit 4 times, it won't stick. I did this while logged in as myself.

Can I get rid of the new maps listing that was created and connect the existing Maps listing with the reviews to the Google my Business and/or Brand Page.

How can I be listed as a manager for the page? I am currently logged in with the owners Gmail account, and have access to everything. Just want to do it Googles way.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Maps Listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Cameron

If I understand you correctly, there are two (or more) Google My Business listings for the same business?

So we can investigate this further, could you kindly provide the link to the Google listings as well as the website, the address and phone number.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog