Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Listing Not Ranking On Map Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All!

I have been struggling with my Google business listing for almost a year now and I finally decided to reach out to the community to see if anyone can give me any insight into my issue. Ok, so I own a hair salon in La Jolla, CA 92037, Valente Hair & Co. I verified my listing, I filled out all the information, added useful pictures, and now I have 16 strong reviews from other Google users. However my business listing is not showing up ANYWHERE near the top of the map results. I know I cannot always expect to be in the top 3 pack as it is a competitive industry, but I have seen other, newer hair salons that have opened up more recently, with weak listings (few pictures, few or 0 reviews, etc) ranking in the top 3 pack on Google map results. If you search for "La Jolla hair salon" you will not even see my listing in the top 20 map results. I am even ranking behind two SuperCuts locations with terrible reviews on the map results. I am starting to think there is something wrong with my listing. I have a strong presence online and my NAP is clean. Could anyone look into my listing and tell me if there is anything wrong with it or areas I could improve on?! Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is my listing information:

Valente Hair & Co

7722 Girard Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037

(858) 230-7574

Google Map URL

www.ValenteHair.com

1 Expert replyverified_user

N/A
# 2
N/A

My business is not showing up on Google Maps either.  It is verified, etc. but does not seem to appear. 

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

McGoldrick Marketing

10 Burget Avenue

Medford, MA 02155

www.McGoldrickMarketing.com

781-874-9553

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

after clicking this link - would you please mind elaborating what you refer to as "not showing " and "not appearing"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Helmut,

I think he is confusing "not showing" with not ranking, as similar to my listing. I have maintained a strong Google business listing with all information filled out completely, helpful pictures, solid reviews from other Google users, and still my business listing does not even show up in the top 20 map results for my targeted keywords including "La Jolla hair salon". Do you have any insight regarding my original post above? I have read your responses on a lot of other forum posts and they have always been super helpful! Thanks!

Re: Google Listing Not Ranking On Map Results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Respected Sir,

I just read your problem. "My business is not showing up on Google Maps either.  It is verified, etc. but does not seem to appear."

So, Now re-apply in the Google My Business. Please follow step by step as mentioned bellow.

Firstly Type in Google search with " Google My business", it shows the results with "Google.co.in - Google My Business". Click On It.

Secondly When you click on "Google.co.in - Google My Business", it opens the google my business web site. Then Click on "START NOW" button (It is exactly on "Top Right Corner")

Thirdly, When You Press the "START NOW" Button, Then the Map Page automatically opens (Loads). Now you, see the map of google.

In this Process, It is the Most Important point, that is "You Must Sign In with Your gmail account".  

Write down your details as shown Below as in the My Business Map Page: Address box page: - 

Business name

Country / Region
India

Street address

City

Pincode

State
Please select

Main business phone

Category

Website

I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location —Important information
Yes
No

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already verified the location over a year ago through this process...I received the Google postcard and entered in the code through my dashboard. My listing shows as verified...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do you have any more insight on my issue!? I would love to hear back from you!!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Respected Sir/Madam,

I just read your problem. "I have been struggling with my Google business listing for almost a year now and I finally decided to reach out to the community to see if anyone can give me any insight into my issue. Ok, so I own a hair salon in La Jolla, CA 92037, Valente Hair & Co. I verified my listing, I filled out all the information, added useful pictures, and now I have 16 strong reviews from other Google users. However my business listing is not showing up ANYWHERE near the top of the map results. I know I cannot always expect to be in the top 3 pack as it is a competitive industry, but I have seen other, newer hair salons that have opened up more recently, with weak listings (few pictures, few or 0 reviews, etc) ranking in the top 3 pack on Google map results. If you search for "La Jolla hair salon" you will not even see my listing in the top 20 map results. I am even ranking behind two SuperCuts locations with terrible reviews on the map results. I am starting to think there is something wrong with my listing. I have a strong presence online and my NAP is clean. Could anyone look into my listing and tell me if there is anything wrong with it or areas I could improve on?! Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Here is my listing information:

Valente Hair & Co

7722 Girard Ave, La Jolla, CA 92037"

So, Now re-apply in the Google My Business. Please follow step by step as mentioned bellow.

Firstly Type in Google search with " Google My business", it shows the results with "Google.co.in - Google My Business". Click On It.

Secondly When you click on "Google.co.in - Google My Business", it opens the google my business web site. Then Click on "START NOW" button (It is exactly on "Top Right Corner")

Thirdly, When You Press the "START NOW" Button, Then the Map Page automatically opens (Loads). Now you, see the map of google.

In this Process, It is the Most Important point, that is "You Must Sign In with Your gmail account".  

Write down your details as shown Below as in the My Business Map Page: Address box page: - 

Business name

Country / Region

India

Street address

City

Pincode

State

Please select

Main business phone

Category

Website

I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location —Important information

Yes

No

Continue

Click on Continue button Google saves your business address details, and a notice seems that you can receive a post card with a verification code on it, within 10 to 15 days. In the same page Top Left corner There is a three small lines - it is the main menu. Click on it - and Click All Locations, write your business timings, weekly holidays if any... 

To select your location on map it is important that it is easy to identify your location with Earth map, because you can identify your surrounding important locations and through now you easily identify your business location. Other wise in the map other than the earth - Map is  shows only lines of roads, addresses of locations etc. In the Earth map Physical Geographical Buildings of real time as things should be noticed on it.

So, now Keep the Map Marker or drag the Map Marker on your exact business area building and release the Map Marker on it. After completion of this process, you can receive a mail in the updates area of your gmail account. Here a area in the mail you can notice the location of "Code" verification.

After receiving the "Code" verify it in the required location. Then you can achieve your business location in the Google Maps.

Thank You .......

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5

Respected Sir,

I just read your problem. "I have already verified the location over a year ago through this process...I received the Google postcard and entered in the code through my dashboard. My listing shows as verified..."

In this Process, It is the Most Important point, that is "You Must Sign In with Your gmail account".  

Business name

Country / Region
India

Street address

City

Pincode

State
Please select

Main business phone

Category

Website

Yes
No