AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Knowledge Panel shows a different location of mine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a similar question to one earlier today, about the right-hand-side panel showing information that is confusing.  

Background: I work for a local government - Arlington County.  We are in Virginia, just across the river from Washington, D.C.  We have ~44 Google My Business listings - some we uploaded ourselves in the "Places" days, some we took ownership of after others created them. Examples are parks, libraries, fire stations, and the various offices that make up the government.  There is a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office that is located in our building and operated by us.  Here are screenshots and URLs of the two locations we own that are causing issues:

Accounting and DMV Select

AccountingDetails.PNGAccounting DetailsDMVDetails.PNGDMV Details

The headache comes when folks search for Arlington County DMV Select.  The results on the left-hand-side are all fine.  It's the right-hand-side Knowledge Panel location that is showing the Accounting location, and it has different hours than the DMV location.  People who are looking in a hurry don't realize that they are different results.  

DMVSelect.PNG

My question is - what can I do, as the owner of both locations, to get the Arlington County DMV Select location to show up in the Knowledge Panel instead of the Accounting location?

I would even be willing to delete the Accounting location if I thought that would help.

Re: Google Knowledge Panel shows a different location of mine

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have the same issue at PC Input.
Google need to make the process of rectifying old/bad/misleading data easier for businesses. As a small business, we have enough to do without trying to do what should be a relatively easy task of getting rid of old addresses.
I deleted our old profile page and that did not stop the old address showing up in the knowledge panel. We know for a fact that we have lost work from this issue because we have people calling us when they are stood outside the old address - trouble is - they think it is our fault, but it isn't it's Google's so please Google - help us out here with an official answer or/and preferably a better way to correct this kind of issue.
Businesses rely on correct information - what good is it being the biggest search engine on the planet if the info you provide is wrong?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have the same problem was there ever any solution for this!?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Well, not exactly.  Google support suggested working on SEO for the location we did want to match.  I added as much as I could to that listing to make it "weightier" (several photos) - seemed to help.