AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Guaranteed Home Service Background Check Criteria

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How will Google Guaranteed Home Services integrate with existing Federal, State and Local laws and regulation? For example, Texas House Bill 705, passed in 2005, provides some guidance and regulation regarding employee background checks for in home service workers.

Is Google / Pinkerton going to go above and beyond the framework laid out in Texas HB 705? I come from the high-tech industry and operate a local Austin residential HVAC business. The reality is that many -- many -- construction industry / home services employees enter their particular field -- HVAC, plumbing, pest control, etc. -- because they had some run in with the law, the offense for which may not represent a threat for a homeowner. The acceptable background framework defined in Texas HB 705 acknowledge this fact by allowing some length of time for certain misdemeanors and felonies committed again people or property, as well as sex crimes. Other crimes such as a drug conviction are not considered relevant under the law. What is Googles definition of an acceptable background check and why have you not published it?

The fact that Google has not published its criteria concerning what is and isn't acceptable regarding an in home worker's background is concerning and makes wonder if the high tech community doesn't understand the true nature of America's workforce. Honestly, defining what is and isn't acceptable in terms of a background -- on a line item and holistic level -- is where the heavy lifting begins for something like Google Guaranteed, and it makes me wonder why Google is clearly skirting this issue and whether the company has done its homework in this regard.

Would you kindly provide your acceptable background check criteria for Google Guaranteed?

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al D
November

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Rory,

Your comment is unrelated to this thread.  If you have an issue about a specific listing you'd like someone to look at, please start a new thread.

Joy Hawkins, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Owner of Sterling Sky
Read My Column on Search Engine Land
MyAdvanced Local SEO Training Manual

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Everything that is publicly available on how Google does the background checks can be read here: https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/6226575?hl=en&ref_topic=6224863

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, exactly. And it doesn't address this important question. Thank you.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So, Google didn’t approve any REAL locksmith company in Colorado for the google guarantee home service programs, beside...:!!!

Denver Locksmiths” this company has been investigated by the Attorney General of Colorado for switch and bait scam in 2012, for the last 6 years they were a big players spamming google maps

And… “Front Range Locksmith” this guy has been deported to Israel 2 years ago… he is not allowed to get back to the us...

The REAL companies, need to wait…

Keep up the Good Work "Google Home Service/google guarantee"

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Al D
November

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Rory,

Your comment is unrelated to this thread.  If you have an issue about a specific listing you'd like someone to look at, please start a new thread.

Owner of Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm an electrical contractor outside of Philadelphia. I was personally contacted a year ago from google to see if I would like to apply for google home services, which is now google local services. I recently applied for this and I am also very curious of everything you wrote in this articular. 

Have you gotten any more information on this matter? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would love to know an answer to this. The link provided by Joy doesn't answer the question.