2.3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Google Destinations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
When I type my business name in, Visit Buena Park I get my website first and then a panel on the left that pulls information from Wikipedia, lists a travel guide and has points of interest. The description that is being pulled is irrelevant for Visit Buena Park, the tourism arm of the destination. In addition, the points of interest are missing some of the most important attractions in the city and the travel planner has old images from Christmas. However, when I look at a similar destination, Visit Anaheim or Visit Huntington Beach all of their information is correct and has the correct images and points of interest. How do I go about updating this? I've already claimed my business and have accurate information when my business information is displayed. 

Visit Buena Park.jpgVisit Anaheim.jpg
1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Destinations

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

HI @Visit Buena Park

There is again a bug in the forum software preventing to show any uploaded imagery.

Means I can't see your screen grabs unless you upload them to a website and link them here.

Would you also please provide the details of your verified listing?

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Google Destinations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Helmut Geissler

A little background about us. We are a tourism destination in Orange County, CA with a number of attractions including Knott's Berry Farm, Medieval Times, Pirate's Dinner Adventure, Porto's and so on. None of those are showing up in our trip itinerary however and we want to make sure we have accurate information to potential visitors.

1. Visit Buena Park

2. 6601 Beach Blvd. Buena Park, CA 90621

3. (800) 541-3953

4. https://www.google.com/destination?q=visit+buena+park&biw=1280&bih=934&site=search&output=search&des...

Re: Google Destinations

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It's interesting to see what I get for just Visit Buena Park

I get it in two different ways - depending what language Userinterface I'm using.

Using the German Language Interface (I'm German btw)

I get the normal GMB knowledge panel at the right side:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1auVcBx-g-bY2NxZHZNSFpxSXM/view?usp=sharing

Screenshot 2017-06-08 at 10.00.43.pngo

Using the English Language Userinterface

for just Visit Buena Park

I get it this way:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1auVcBx-g-bRHQwMjRKWG5XbkE/view?usp=sharing

Screenshot 2017-06-08 at 10.08.01.pngTo get it in the Englsih Userinterface as the normal GMB Knowledege panel I have to search for "Visit Buena Park" In Buena park

Google Destinations

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What appears for us is the one that you've screenshot in English. If you notice, the travel planner button has an old picture and the points of interest are missing our most popular attractions like Knott's Soak City, Medieval Times and Pirate's Dinner Adventure.