1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We would like to generate invitations to review businesses.  We are aware of two - both unofficial - methods of directing a customer directly to a review form:

1. http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid={id}
  2. https://www.google.com/#q=Business+Name&lrd={SOME VALUE IN HEX}:{CID IN HEX},3,5

It seems, though, that the "writereview" links don't work in all browsers/devices nor do they support a way to default the review rating.  The second option is more compatible with different browsers/devices and can do different things depending on the suffix after the lrd value.  The trick with the second option is that there doesn't seem to be a good way to programmatically obtain the full lrd for a given business - the first hex value in particular.

There was some discussion about this subject in July.  Have there been any developments since then?  Is there either a third way to generate review links or a way to generate a full lrd?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Generate Review Link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Todd C

This is the official HC article about this - its similar as your two links

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Todd, did you ever find a way to generate the full lrd? Doing some digging myself. I'll post here if I find it.

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This would make lif so much easier if I could just give customers a link to leave a review.  

I try to explain to customer how to leave a review, but they often don't get it right.

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I never did find an official way to obtain an LRD.  I don't believe there is one.  I did find a way to essentially scrape the LRD using data returned by one of Google's APIs.  I'm not at liberty to explain how that works, though.