AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
3K members online now
3K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We would like to generate invitations to review businesses.  We are aware of two - both unofficial - methods of directing a customer directly to a review form:

1. http://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid={id}
  2. https://www.google.com/#q=Business+Name&lrd={SOME VALUE IN HEX}:{CID IN HEX},3,5

It seems, though, that the "writereview" links don't work in all browsers/devices nor do they support a way to default the review rating.  The second option is more compatible with different browsers/devices and can do different things depending on the suffix after the lrd value.  The trick with the second option is that there doesn't seem to be a good way to programmatically obtain the full lrd for a given business - the first hex value in particular.

There was some discussion about this subject in July.  Have there been any developments since then?  Is there either a third way to generate review links or a way to generate a full lrd?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Generate Review Link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Todd C

This is the official HC article about this - its similar as your two links

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Todd, did you ever find a way to generate the full lrd? Doing some digging myself. I'll post here if I find it.

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This would make lif so much easier if I could just give customers a link to leave a review.  

I try to explain to customer how to leave a review, but they often don't get it right.

Generate Review Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I never did find an official way to obtain an LRD.  I don't believe there is one.  I did find a way to essentially scrape the LRD using data returned by one of Google's APIs.  I'm not at liberty to explain how that works, though.