AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Frustrated and wasted money

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We signed up for Google My Business when we opened our antique mall in April, 2017.

Since then, we have paid more than $100 monthly for "AdWords" and other "services."

When you search Google for antiques in Sevierville, TN, or in Kodak, TN, you get every business on this road but ours.

When you search Google for the address, we do not appear.  The business that was here 10 years ago comes up, even though I reported it closed in April, 2017.

Google Maps has us, but people don't intuitively search Google Maps for information.

Yahoo finds us, and we don't spend a dime to advertise there.  The Yahoo page actually comes up in the Google search results.

So -- what the hell have we been paying for?

We are a small, family business.  We try to direct our advertising expenditures where they will generate return.

Clearly, Google has just been taking our money and giving us nothing in return.

Since there is no phone number to call and talk to someone about this, we're hoping this forum will provide an opportunity to actually talk to someone at Google and fix this.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Visibility of your GMB listing has nothing to do with Adwords. Your ads will appear depending on the settings of your campaigns. Your listing will show up in a search depending on many factors including how optimized your associated website is and reviews on your listing for example.

Is your business?: https://goo.gl/maps/cNeH4YgEzXT2

Currently it goes to Facebook page which I think is greatly hindering your listing from showing at its full potential. if possible, connect it to your own website that can optimized for the keywords you wish to rank for.

The listing also has a category of 'shopping mall' which seems to be incorrect as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As Yan mentioned your listed as a shopping mall - so when I google "antiques" you do not appear as there is no reference to antiques in your listing. I suggested an edit but you may wish to change your category yourself from "shopping mall" to "antique shop". Cheers!