AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Formatting of Google MyBusiness Posts

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

This isn't something I need help with so much as a request for something to be changed or added to the MyBusiness formatting setup.

I've been working to engage as much as possible with my online community by using the MyBusiness "posts" provision. The idea is really great, but the formatting is somewhat of a letdown when the post goes from being a preview to being a live article. Posts are a brilliant way to show the features of my employer and promote little things from my website, but I feel like the appearance of posts brings down the effectiveness of posts when they move into the public domain.

My problem is that when I'm editing posts, they obviously look like the image below. The short paragraphs are neatly set apart from one another and made to look snappy and helpful. 

Untitled.pngThe better formatting exhibited by the sample post

I know my post contains a little more information than necessary, but any amount of text could be helped by this sort of formatting, because this same post's text appears in public as the exemplary following image:

Untitled.pngThe messier formatting which emerges in a published post.

I mustn't be the only person who sees the visual benefits of the first example. Is there any way in which we can as Google to change the outcome of the formatting to match the actual sample box formatting? Even for posts with less text and more focus on images (which my posts also do) this change in formats could come as a great improvement to the potential engagement of posts.

Visually, I feel the sample format is much more helpful to look at, and I'd love to know if anyone else has any ideas in response. Also, I'd love to know whether or not it's viable to see whether or not it's possible to suggest these changes to Google, so please let me know about whatever you might think!

Thanks in advance for your response.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks. There must be a way in which we can get this seen by Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same issue with my posts on Google My Business. When I look at the post through the Admin side, the formatting is perfect. However, my client noticed the post through a customer's side, and it was not formatted correctly and did not match what I thought it looked like. It's hard to read and the spacing is gone. I would love for Google to fix this because it seems to be a great feature for small businesses. How do we get Google to fix this?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

They will probably say no formatting options were included since a Google Post is supposed to be as brief as possible.  They recommend 100 - 300 words in length but only the first 70 - 80 characters are actually seen in the knowledge panel.  (which is pretty much the length of 1 paragraph of text).  It's frustrating for me too though, so I hope we can get some formatting options in there!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the quick response and helpful information, Dan! I hope the formatting will improve.