AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Fake Negative Review left in retaliation to not participating in an illegal activity

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A fake negative review was left in retaliation when we refused to participate in an illegal activity. Due to HIPAA regulations, we are extremely limited with respect to what we can say either as a response to the review or when discussing this with Google. Are there any options to get the review removed?

Dr. Maria L. Hopp, MD

9200 W Cross Dr Suite 315, Littleton CO 80127

720-351-2411

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Dr.+Maria+L.+Hopp,+MD/@39.6119774,-105.1005501,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1...

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave
May

Fake Negative Review left in retaliation to not participating in an illegal activity

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Just checking back, it looks like that review has been removed. 

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Sorry to see that review, I went ahead and flagged it but would suggest you also flag the review and hopefully it can fall off the map. Here is a link to more information about flagging reviews, unfortunately, there is much that can be done and due to HIPAA you cannot tell me if this was a patent you had treated. Normally, I would say to reach out to the customer and see if there is something more you can do in order to make the experience better.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does it matter that he is a "local guide"? You expect them to be more reliable.  He has 15 reviews, 6 of which are disparaging, including against other medical providers.  In one of his reviews he says he has seen over 50 doctors in 7 years; in another he claims 20 doctors in the past 5 years.  In another review, he cites 3 days without pain medication causing him to suffer "immense pain."

Someone who has seen 50 or even 20 doctor is 5-7 years is either extremely hard to please, isn't able to get what he wants, or is a complete medical disaster. It seems like the intent is to exaggerate the reviews to punish the doctor being reviewed.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dave
May

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Just checking back, it looks like that review has been removed. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, it has. Thanks for your advice and the advice of others.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

You're Welcome.