Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Extrange 360 degrees view experience?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have a question regarding to the Inside View.

Recently we have hired a Google trusted photographer for making a 360 virtual tour in our bussines, the pictures are high quality resolution, but the "movement" is very disappointing. We go trought walls, and we literally jump from the entrance to the bottom even when we "click" just below our feets. But I've seen there are other bussines that do not have this problems, and even on the walls appear grey squares for zooming in.

https://www.google.es/maps/uv?hl=es&pb=!1s0xd476d4db5ed986d:0x969768de7cc8b9a2!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m...

Here is a "good" 360 tour.

I've spoken with the photographer and he says is a "Google software problem", but, I can't believe Google can miss this kind of issues.

Thank you so Much.
Kind Regards.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Extrange 360 degrees view experience?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Andrés,

It is a consequence of Street Views' Click-to-go functionality

The good tour you provided has virtual walls to prevent jumping through walls, it was done using the legacy Street View editor as you can see it is feature as a See Inside tour.

Google adds the virtual walls very slowly on batches, was your tour created using the legacy Street View editor or was it created using the new system through the Street View app?

Could you please provide a link to your virtual tour?

Thank you

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Re: Extrange 360 degrees view experience?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Treebles.

Thank you for your reply.

- "*was your tour created using the legacy Street View editor or was it
created using the new system through the Street View app?" -*

I don't know, what's the difference? we hired a trusted google
photographer, and he couldn't get an answer, why some tours have the walls
and others not. On my modest opinion, "Click to go" functionality, makes
the experience with Inside View little bit annoying.

*- "Could you pleas provide a link to your virtual tour?" -*

https://www.google.es/maps/uv?hl=es&pb=!1s0xd46da2b7206c2bf:0x39bd75bb7b2b6158!2m19!2m2!1i80!2i80!3m...

Thank you so much.

Re: Extrange 360 degrees view experience?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andrés,

It was done using the legacy Street View editor, if you open the listing for the business on Maps.

https://www.google.es/maps/place/%C3%93ptica+Cu%C3%A9llar/@41.3988101,-4.3114102,20.88z/data=!4m5!3m...

and click the little orange person icon at the bottom of the screen to activate the Street View layer you should see an orange dot representing the virtual tour for the business. The orange dots indicates it was done using the legacy Street View editor.

The virtual walls are not created immediately, it can take a while since it is done in batches and your tour is relatively new, being published in December.

Once the virtual walls are in place it would not be possible to navigate across walls because of Click-to-go.

If you use the arrow keys to navigate your tour you should notice that the navigation follows the path created by the trusted photographer.

The left and right arrows rotate the panorama, the up and down arrows move forward and backward respectively in the tour.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor