AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Eugene Oregon Gutter Service

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Question for you - When I look up the keywords 'Eugene Oregon Gutter Service', I get to this page

We appear 1st and 2nd in this search (when looking up from my area), but Google is not showing all of our description. If I do another search in Google, our whole description (that we put into the All-in-one-seo plugin) shows up. It's strange that it would fully show in one search but not another. 

Also, one of our competitors has not only his whole descriptions showing up, but also other page links on his site underneath. I'm not sure why either of these things are showing up for him, but not for us. 

Any ideas?

Thank you!

Eugene Oregon Gutter Service

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

By your post and name (Kismet) I am assuming your site is Oregon Gutter Service. 

The top 2 listings are for this site. You are showing up for 2 separate pages, oregongutterservice.com and http://oregongutterservice.com/eugene_oregon_gutter_service/, so that is why you may have 2 different descriptions. Your whole description for you Home page may or may not show fully depending on the space available and how Google determines what text is useful to the person searching and what they are searching for. If you have extra text "like... read our reviews" Google may decide it is not relevant to a particular user or search query. You can now use up to 320 characters for the description but that doesn't guarantee that they will display all 320 characters for every search. If you want you description to display more consistently, I would test different description contents and lengths and see which one works best for your business and for your users/keyword searches.

Also, if you want to control your sitelinks (page links under your site listing on Google) you can sign up for (if you haven't already) a Google Search Console account and use the settings in the Console to adjust which links appear for you.

Hope that  helps!