My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Duplicate Location notification - but they are NOT duplicates.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

How do I go about cancelling duplicate location notifications? For example, I have a location at 66 Eagle Street and 123 Eagle Street, which are across the road from each other but are obviously completely different addresses. However, Google insists they are duplicates. 

I've tried deleting and re-uploading them multiple times but Google My Businesses still insists 66 and 123 are, in fact, the same. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are having the same issue. Our main office and shipping/receiving are next to each other but with different addresses that we want to distinguish for drivers.

Re: Duplicate Location notification - but they are NOT duplicates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the same problem.

Never saw a solution.

showing to locations in different towns as duplicates.

Ideas?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Alright so I did end up fixing this (after many back-and-forth emails and a few missed phonecalls while I tried to convince Google we were in Australia so calling at 2am wasn't going to work).

1: delete both locations

2: re-add both locations, making sure to specify that it's a new location and not any of the suggested ones when prompted

3: confirm ownership of the location

Depending on if one of the locations is also another person's business or used to belong to another business, you may have to resolve a conflict of ownership. To do that you submit a request for ownership to google, get them to call you, and if the original owner can't be contacted within 7 days Google will reassign the ownership to you. 

When they do that, you have to delete the location again and re-add it.

It's a bit of a nonsense system but it did work out in the end.

Re: Duplicate Location notification - but they are NOT duplicates.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you,

I will give it a try!