AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Does having a GMB account help get Maps updated?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello! I work for a college and we're trying to get each of the building names on all of our campuses to show up on Google Maps (The AH building, for example. The idea is to help students find buildings on campus). I have submitted edits, Google tells me the edits were published, but they don't show up on the maps. I was thinking if we were able to claim the business and I updated My Business to include the important information that I would also be able to make changes to our location maps.

So my question is, since I've claimed the business and am using My Business, is that integrated somehow with Google Maps or are they two totally different entities?

(Also, I know this isn't a forum for Google Maps, but if you have any suggestions on how I can get the individual building names to show up, I'd appreciate it. I've tried uploading an indoor map, adding missing places, I'm out of options! :) )

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Does having a GMB account help get Maps updated?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To be honest: 

GMB isn't intended  deal with buildings. 

Ist for businesses (regardless the business is occupying one or more buildings)