AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Displaying my Business Listing On the Right of SERPS

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm an administrator for my client's business, closet america, and the Business Listing/Map/Review is no longer displaying on the right side of the SERP. Can you please advise on why this has been removed? When I search for a competitor, it is clearly displayed. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Displaying my Business Listing On the Right of SERPS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Lily R

So you are correct, a search for closet america does not display the Knowledge Panel.

However if i search closet america lanham, it does appear, which suggests to me Google is unsure what to display when a user just searches closet america.

closet america lanham   Google Search.png

So the question is why is Google unsure about the name.

There is a possibility that your structured data is confusing Google, as you have called it >> closet america headquarters in the footer and called it this also.

Structured Data Testing Tool2.png

I would certainly correct this to >> Closet America

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Adding on the the excellent advice that @Tim Capper has provided.

The Right side display in SERPS ( Google results) is called the Knowledge Graph.  There are two types of Knowledge Graphs.

1) That deals with a Business Location entry. Exact location

2) That deals with Famous Entity, Person or Brand.

The Business Location Knowledge Graph is holistically ties to a claimed and verified Google My Business Profile. as Tim pointed out.

The Famous Entity one is ties to having authority Links such as wiki, IMDB, etc that give credence to the popularity of the Entity ( as well as structured data on the website, and a claimed and verified Webmaster Tools / Search Console registration)

In order to get the "Famous Entity"  KG you have to work on those authority links (as shown below)  as well as the Structured data ( as Tim pointed out above)

When information is wrong on the Knowledge Graph (KG)
Right side of browser image data from a search for your name/ business

First off there are two type of Knowledge Graph listing ( 1 for a Business which include Business address information and 2 ) one that is based on a famous entity.

One can have a hybrid of both however, but rarely is the case.

The Famous Entity Knowledge graph

The Knowledge graph for Famous Entities is based off of information Google has collected from various authority sites.   There are several steps to fix the Famous Entity KG.

Fixing your Famous Entity KG

1)     1)   Identify the source of the incorrect data.  Fix it if possible. But could need those source data links for making your feedback request

The top sources of KG Data:

Wikipiedia.org
IMBD
Feebase.com ( read only – cannot be edited)
WikiData.org

2)    2)  If own or have access to an official website. It is important that the website is associated by your Google login account email address to the Google Webmaster Tools/ Search Console account.

Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en

Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console -  Help files - instructions

https://support.google.com/webmasters/?hl=en#topic=3309469

2.1) If own or have access to an official website you should add structured Data or Schema data to identify key elements.

https://developers.google.com/structured-data/

Testing your Structured Data

https://developers.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/

3)     Feedback Requests:

The feedback button on the KG is one of the most vital but often times frustrating functions to get your data correct. If fixing the source error, doesn’t update your data problem then “the Feedback Button” is your only option.

A perfect feedback request is one that states and identifies what is wrong about the data and provides a link to the Wrong Data, and what is the correct information should be from a link and valid source.

Example:

The information about my birth date of  8/10/1905  is wrong. The wrong data is pulled from this LINK.  You can see the correct information is 8/10/1965 from this LINK.

4)     Submitting Feedback

The feedback system is automated by robots and a spam filter.  You must get past the spam filter and robots in order for your feedback to be seen by a human reviewer.
suggestions: 

Submit the feedback from Multiple IP address
Submit the feedback every 3-4 days multiple times
Use different Logins,  or not logged in.
Get more people to help you submit feedback.

It can take 3 weeks to 3 months or more for your data to be fixed from the feedback request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Tim- thank you for your response. I've removed the Headquarter from the footer, as well as the secondary address from the main website. Now for your second screenshot above, how do I edit that? I'm not sure where that is located, and I appreciate your help. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Re: Displaying my Business Listing On the Right of SERPS

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Lily R

The structured data seems correct now, with the proper name being displayed.

All looks good now. Just keep building the brand online and all will fall into place.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership