Take your business to the next level.
Guide Me
star_border

Directions not showing up in google+ from google search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello 

I have set up and verified my Google My Business page and it is linked to Google Maps (i.e., as stated in Settings\profile\this page is linked to google maps). However, when I click on to view the link to google maps, it does not pinpoint my business address, rather it gives an approx.  30 mile circular location around my business address. 

Also, when I search for 'Garden Designers Helensburgh' in google, my Google+ page is listed but it does not include directions in the search listing, just 'website'. 

Please can someone tell me how rectify this situation so that 'Directions' are giving in the search listing? 

Many thanks
Rachel

3 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Directions not showing up in google+ from google search

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Rachel

your verfied local G+ page plus.google.com/102319990246141666190/about is created with a service area and hidden address (very likely because you specified in your dashboardit as   "I don't service customers at my location")

Since there is no address to show with oyur G+ page you can't expect getting a direction link.

Regards

ehg

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Rachel,
Helmut is absolutely correct about this.

Do you have a physical storefront? Can clients come and see you at you place of business? Do you have signage, with your company name?

If so you can go into your address settings and uncheck the "I don't service customers at my location", and driving directions will be enabled.

Hope this was helpful.
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello Ben,
The setting is called "I also serve customers at my business address" and in order to get the address to display on Maps the check-mark must be removed.
This is the help center article that explains service areas.
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor